"Strange" sandwich preferences - What's yours?
CaroleK Wrote:* Peanut butter and mayo

Yay! Another fan of the peanut butter and mayo! My wife thinks I'm insane, but it's terrific. Peanut butter is good with most things - mayo, hard salami, white onions, etc.
aquinas138 Wrote:

Yay! Another fan of the peanut butter and mayo! My wife thinks I'm insane, but it's terrific. Peanut butter is good with most things - mayo, hard salami, white onions, etc.
  Hey! Haven't tried it with onions, but I do like onion sandwiches.
Sardine sandwiches are quite tasty.
I used to eat this as a teen, and everything had to be "just so". First, the bread (white, of course) had to be very fresh, super soft. Then a banana that has just passed into yellow from green.(I won't eat a banana that has even one brown spot on it) Then a thin coating of soft butter (real butter of course). I'd cut the banana into slices, then smoosh the 2 halves together, (the smooshing was very important too) My mother used to say "why don't you put peanut butter on it, like normal people?" That's about as weird as I'll get. Not that I'm picky or anything, right Jen? [Image: jestera.gif]

Now, I like mayo sometimes, and I like peanut butter sometimes... but together? [Image: puke.gif]

MikeSearson Wrote:

I love Cuban sandwiches:

boiled ham, genoa salami, spiced pork on cuban bread (similar to french bread) with letuce, pickles, mayo and mustard pressed flat and heated.

But that's not strange!  I spent 27 years of my life in Tampa ... Cuban sandwiches are not just a sandwich.  They're a reason for living!
Oh another couple sandwiches that I like:

Whole wheat pita stuffed with a thin layer of mayo, hummus, avocado and onion.

and

Liverwurst and onions with spicy mustard.
jovan66102 Wrote:
aquinas138 Wrote:

Hey! Haven't tried it with onions, but I do like onion sandwiches.

That was a favorite of my grandfather on my dad's side. Grandpa, a Vermont Quaker who converted, used to make onion sandwiches with thick slices of Valencia onions when he could get them. (I'm going by memory here.) Ugh!
My cousin ate mustard sandwiches when we were kids which I found quite strange. 

I like toasted cucumber sandwiches with Heinz57 sauce, or if I don't have any of that I'll go for HP.  Sometimes I like a little bit of red onion on it as well.

I'm obsessed with club sandwiches.  But they're not weird.

I also love toasted bacon sandwiches with lots of butter, which I never thought was weird until my bro's g/f recently told me it was odd.

I love sandwiches!

One of my favorites is to take a croissant and spread sliced avocado and cheese in there with lots of mayo and alfalfa sprouts- the more the better- and a sliced tomato.

I also love mufaletta sandwiches with lots of olive spread and chopped marinated tomatoes with provolone, turkey, and pastrami, complete with crisp romaine on french bread.

Then there is the old standby of french dip.  That's roast beef on a crispy roll and lots of au jus to dip it in.

Another favorite is the reuben sandwich- corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and 1000 island dressing on rye, grilled.

[Image: gimmefood.gif]
CaroleK Wrote:* Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches - turkey slices, mashed potatoes and gravy soaked dressing on bread with mayo and salt.

I like leftover chicken or turkey on a sandwich(white bread) smothered with gravy, yummmmmm.