"Strange" sandwich preferences - What's yours?
CaroleK Wrote:
MikeSearson Wrote:I love Cuban sandwiches:
boiled ham, genoa salami, spiced pork on cuban bread (similar to french bread) with letuce, pickles, mayo and mustard pressed flat and heated.

But that's not strange!  I spent 27 years of my life in Tampa ... Cuban sandwiches are not just a sandwich.  They're a reason for living!

I miss Tampa (used to live in Pasco county!) ever have one in Ybor City?
Forget the bread and go Antipasto!

[Image: antipasto-tempter.jpg]
A southern favorite in our family is tomato sandwiches. Just sliced tomatoes on bread with mayo and salt. mmm mmm good. :) Definitely a spring/summer thing, especially when your tomato harvest is bigger than expected.

I also like avocado, Neuchatel, red onion. tomato and sprouts. That's one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. I'm making myself hungry. lol

Edited to add: Ohh...that looks good! Too bad I don't eat pork. Sometimes I think that might have been a bad decision. hehe I love antipasto

Swiss cheese, onions, and Tabasco sauce on sliced Italian bread – grilled.

Vox!!!! yes! bacon and peanut butter sandwiches :D !!! My children think I'm weird because I always save a little of my bacon and after eating the eggs, I turn around and make myself one of these!

My children think these are weird, so I guess they really qualify: peanut butter and hot dogs (otherwise I don't really want to eat the hot dogs), toasted bun preferred; chocolate and butter :) ; French bread and chocolate sauce.

Carole, you finally figured out a way to start a thread without generating any controversy :) Congratulations!
newtolatin Wrote:Carole, you finally figured out a way to start a thread without generating any controversy :) Congratulations!  
  Oh, give it some time![Image: laff.gif]
Ditto on the tomato sandwich. Yum.

Also, I'm a freak for homemade meatloaf on white bread with a sliver of mayo. Great with leftover meatloaf.
I don't eat weird sandwiches. I only want to say I am so glad to be here on this forum, outside of which there can be no greater extreme sandwich eaters.
MikeSearson Wrote:

I miss Tampa (used to live in Pasco county!) ever have one in Ybor City?

Oh yeah!  I used to love to go the Columbia restaurant in Ybor.  A cup of black bean soup, a pressed Cuban sandwich and a pitcher of sangria!

I grew up in Pasco County!  Moved there when I was 10 and didn't leave (except for a two years living in Carrollwood) until October!  It's a small small world.
jovan66102 Wrote:
newtolatin Wrote:Carole, you finally figured out a way to start a thread without generating any controversy :) Congratulations!
Oh, give it some time![Image: laff.gif]

:D Yup. I'm sure it'll end up being the great bread debate of '07 with rye v whole wheat or something like that.