Cakes!
This was a recipe that we tried last week and it was absolutely fabulous! I thought I would pass it along. To make the cake we went to a craft store that carries Wilton cake stuff and bought this cake pan, but in a miniature version. We love these individual sized cakes and they are so much fun to make!

[Image: mocharaspberrydecadence_sm.jpg]

Quote:Tools:

Fanci-Fill Pans
Metal Spatula
Ingredients:

Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix (1 package needed)
1 package (18.25 oz.) devil's food cake mix
Water
Oil
Eggs
1 package (10 oz.) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed and drained*
2 tablespoons raspberry or almond liqueur*
1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1-1/2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
2 tablespoons hot water
Ice water
Simple, Yet Elegant Print Your Own Invitation
*If preferred, substitute 2 tablespoons raspberry syrup from frozen raspberries for liqueur.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pans with vegetable pan spray.

Prepare chocolate cake according to package instructions using water, oil and eggs. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.

In medium bowl, combine raspberries and liqueur; gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon into cavities of both cooled cakes. Assemble cake by inverting top layer onto bottom layer.

In 1-cup glass measuring cup, combine coffee powder and hot water; stir until coffee is completely dissolved. Add enough ice water to make 1 cup. In large bowl, place dissolved coffee and whipped icing mix. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute; scrape bowl sides. Beat at medium speed of mixer 4-6 minutes, or until stiff, but fluffy. Ice cake with coffee icing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

We substitued a pre-made icing (whipped cream) and didn't flavour it with mocha. We also used Raspberry coffee syrup in the whipped cream and it worked great.

Edited to add: We are going to try the same concept this weekend but the cake will be lemon and the filling will be the whipped cream with a Lavender simple syrup. Lemon and lavender were meant to go together. :)
This is a cake we made for Christmas. I'm just now loading pics on my computer from October through today... lol.

It's red velvet cake layered with white cake that we dyed green.
[Image: 366197169_72e430845b_m.jpg]

[Image: 366197167_c7330ada26_m.jpg]

Icing is Cream Cheese and we put crushed pecans on the side of the cake. Should have put icing in-between all layers though. Each slice of cake came apart rather easily since they layers were just placed one on top of the other. It was good though. :)
Anyone else have pictures of cakes they would like to share? I would love to see some ideas! We (dh and I) are trying to put together ideas for the baptismal cake. Here is the one I made for my God-daughter a few years back.

[url=http://wspicer.photosite.com/SpicerPhotos/Baptism_Cake.html][/url][Image: 1_1024.ts1084949609987.jpg]

Isn't she a cutie!
[Image: 19_1024.ts1086658222385.jpg]

OH man!  Now I'm dreaming!  My birthday is coming up this weekend and I want to make a yummy cake for myself.

Does anyone have that recipe for a Neimann Marcus cake?  Seems like there's something out there made out of yellow cake w/sourcream frosting baked into it or something like that.  I tried it once and it was delish!  Anyone know of something like that?
Never mind... I found it with Google search... Here it is:

NEIMAN MARCUS CAKE Printed from COOKS.COM
[-]
  •
You're very talented!  I took baking in culinary school and cakes are my favourite thing to bake.  I love seeing pics of cakes people bake.  I'm at my sis's right now but when I get home later this week I'll have to upload some of my pics.
And also, please send all cake samples (i.e., two non-returnable copies of each cake) to:

Quis Ut Deus
777 Glutton Road
Somewhere, WA 98052

Thank you.

P.S. Those are really nice cakes, and I'd like to see Curious' as well.  My mom used to do the Wilton stuff, and it was pretty cool.

QuisUtDeus Wrote:And also, please send all cake samples (i.e., two non-returnable copies of each cake) to:

Quis Ut Deus
777 Glutton Road
Somewhere, WA 98052

Thank you.

P.S. Those are really nice cakes, and I'd like to see Curious' as well.  My mom used to do the Wilton stuff, and it was pretty cool.

LOL!

Missy Fluffy, that cake recipe looks realllllly good.  Thanks for posting it!
What a pretty Christmas cake, Nicolette.
Thank you Rosamund and Curious Catholic.  CC, I can't wait to see your picks.  Culinary school, eh?  I was set up to go to The Art Institue of Colorado - Culinary school right before I got married.  I wonder if I would have liked it.  Where did you go?