Cakes!
Nicolette-
You do beautiful work. You know cake decorating is one of those jobs that a mom can easily do out of her home. Not suggesting that you (who are about to have your first child) set up your own business now but it wouldn't hurt to make sure people know that you are available to do the odd wedding/baptismal/party cake. Good for 'mad money' and most Catholics would rather give business (even if it costs a little mroe) to other Catholics than to Walmart or even their local bakery.
I had a friend whose daughter enjoyed cake decorating, started as a hobby, did a few cakes for family birthday parties etc....before she knew people were asking her to do their wedding cakes...she had a pretty good little business going with nothing but word of mouth and all before she graduated from high school.

My cake decorating (for children's birthdays) was quite pedestrian-some Wilton molds, doll cakes etc..... Now it has become our tradition that the birthday child gets to decorate their own cake so now they usually look like something Jackson Pollack would have made :D
Nicollette, will you marry me? LOL
Nicollette, your cakes are GORGEOUS!! :D I have always wanted to take up cake decorating (my mom used to teach Wilton classes so I have a teacher for free! :lol: ) but just never have. You really could start a little mini business. That baptism cake looks like a wedding cake! Amazing! You have inspired me...I should call my mom soon...  
Mommie2Boys Wrote:Nicollette, your cakes are GORGEOUS!! :D I have always wanted to take up cake decorating (my mom used to teach Wilton classes so I have a teacher for free! :lol: ) but just never have. You really could start a little mini business. That baptism cake looks like a wedding cake! Amazing! You have inspired me...I should call my mom soon...  

Thanks Clare!  I would like to clarify that the first pic of the Chocolate cake with raspberry filling is not one that I decorated.  I made the cake but the pic is from Wilton's website.  I don't want to confuse anyone. :)

This is a pic of the baptismal cake we are hoping to full off.  We ordered the springerle roll and the medallion mold (which is how they made the ivory molded fondant sides and center piece).  We are going to try a few practice runs first.

[Image: 1116012668313.jpg]

Wish us luck!