Forum pics
What cuties![Image: tweety.gif]
VeritasAequitas Wrote:Lol, ok Vox.  If you can figure out a better reason why I'm up a tree, I'm all ears. 

Umm.... you were frightened by meeses!
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:[Image: th_AustinandAnnie.jpg]

Permission accepted.

Well done, Steve! Gorgeous -- and bookish, too! May they live long and prosper and give you many grandchildren someday!

Adoramus, your brood reminds me of my Aunt Catherine. She had 11 children and -- well, as to grandchildren, we've stopped counting. But when you go to her house, you can sit in her living room where one wall is covered with pictures of her children, and another wall is covered with pictures of her grandbabies. It is really inspiring to sit there in that room, see all the faces in those pictures, look across and see Catherine in her little chair, and just ponder what she and my Uncle (R.I.P.) hath wrought LOL You must be so proud!
I found some good pictures of them on my wife's computer.

[Image: 28.jpg]

[Image: AnniesKiss.jpg]

And here is a good one of me [not in a tree] and my wife.

[Image: ccouple1.jpg]
Vox,

'Umm.... you were frightened by meeses!'

This reminded me of an embarrassing story about myself.  Ironically enough it was while I was out deer hunting.

So there I am in my tree stand with my trusty bow waiting patiently for an acceptable target.  Not a good day to hunt it seems because all was quite and it was just beginning to get dark.  So I decided to call it quits for the day and climbed down.  I walk out past the forest's edge and look out across the field.  I see this curious cow staring me straight in the eyes, I just stopped where I was. 

Then I began to look around and noticed several more cows walking right toward me, so obviously I started taking a few steps backward.  Before I knew it there were about a dozen cows 'stalking' me in this field.  As any rational person [Image: jestera.gif] would do I turned around and went back to my tree stand.  No sooner than I could climb up and look back down I had the whole herd looking right back up at me.  What to do what to do.  They finally got bored with me and ran off after I threw a stick behind them. 

I was much more cautious when leaving the woods this time.  I went over by the fence line and crawled all the way to the house where my wife's cousin had been waiting.  I told him the story and he laughed hysterically all the way back to my house.... I can't attend an in-laws family function with out hearing this story.  [Image: eek.gif]
VeritasAequitas Wrote:(snip)

Then I began to look around and noticed several more cows walking right toward me, so obviously I started taking a few steps backward.  Before I knew it there were about a dozen cows 'stalking' me in this field.  As any rational person [Image: jestera.gif] would do I turned around and went back to my tree stand.  No sooner than I could climb up and look back down I had the whole herd looking right back up at me.  What to do what to do. 

LOL!!!  That is SURREAL -- frightening! I wonder what they were thinking. Did they have murder on their minds? Do cows have minds?

I have to ask you something, though: you said that any rational person would climb the tree: are cows dangerous in any way, like their male counterparts? Will they charge or something? 'Cause I'd be thinking "big, goofy, cud-chewing hamburgers; what could they do to me?" Am I an ignorant city girl? Or -- irrational? LOL

Quote:They finally got bored with me and ran off after I threw a stick behind them. 

Wouldn't it have been funny if they'd fetched the stick and brought it back to you? hahahha 

Quote:
I was much more cautious when leaving the woods this time.  I went over by the fence line and crawled all the way to the house where my wife's cousin had been waiting.  I told him the story and he laughed hysterically all the way back to my house.... I can't attend an in-laws family function with out hearing this story.  [Image: eek.gif]

Well, it's a good story; can't blame 'em! LOL (I wish Dali had been there to paint it!)
Since everybody are having fun with posting some pics, I'll post a couple too, I guess......

This is in the league of the Hitler costume. I am trying to pose as English...

[Image: b9b57ff1.jpg]
[Image: 101-0115_IMG.jpg]

And this is posing with the  Empire-look, during the days I wanted a moustache like the German and Austrian emperors....Wink

Man with a pipe alert! Man with a pipe alert! [Image: heartsmiley.gif]

You look good, Varus! Nice to have a face to go with the pixels : )
Vox,

'I have to ask you something, though: you said that any rational person would climb the tree: are cows dangerous in any way, like their male counterparts? Will they charge or something? 'Cause I'd be thinking "big, goofy, cud-chewing hamburgers; what could they do to me?" Am I an ignorant city girl? Or -- irrational? LOL'

Let me answer your first question with a question.  What would you do if you had a dozen 3000lb animals walking in your direction?  I thought so.

But to be more specific, no, cows aren't really dangerous unless they're panicked [stampede].  That is why my wife's cousin got such a kick out of it.  He told me that if I would have just yelled at, or shook a stick at them they would have went away.  They probably thought I had food or something like that.  But I had no idea about this at the time.  I had never been around cows before [and never have again[Image: laff.gif]].