The Purpose of Women?
Can you tell me more about amazing married women saints? I mean besides Our Lady?

Where do Protestants come up with this stuff, and how do the women stand it?
There is a book called: Secular Saints. I'm pretty sure it's available from TAN, many if not most of the saints in there were married.

Bl. Gianna Molla comes to mind quickly.
Interesting discussion here. My 2 cents worth: My patron saint, Deborah, was an Old Testament wife and mother who in those patriarchal times, sat under a Palm tree and judged the people of Israel. She went with Barak to the battle and acted as a general, and she ruled the land "and the land had peace forty years."

Reading:

At this time the prophetess Deborah, wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel. She used to sit under Deborah's palm tree, situated between Ramah and Bethel in the mountain region of Ephraim, and there the Israelites came up to her for judgment. She sent and summoned Barak, son of Abinoam, from Kedesh of Naphtali. "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, commands," she said to him; "go, march on Mount Tabor, and take with you ten thousand Naphtalites and Zebulunites. I will lead Sisera, the general of Jabin's army, out to you at the Wadi Kishon, together with his chariots and troops, and will deliver them into your power." But Barak answered her, "If you come with me, I will go; if you do not come with me, I will not go." "I will certainly go with you," she replied, "but you shall not gain the glory in the expedition on which you are setting out, for the LORD will have Sisera fall into the power of a woman." So Deborah joined Barak and journeyed with him to Kedesh. Barak summoned Zebulun and Naphtali to Kedesh, and ten thousand men followed him. Deborah also went up with him.

Now the Kenite Heber had detached himself from his own people, the descendants of Hobab, Moses' brother-in-law, and had pitched his tent by the tere-binth of Zaanannim, which was near Kedesh. It was reported to Sisera that Barak, son of Abinoam, had gone up to Mount Tabor. So Sisera assembled from Harosheth-ha-goiim at the Wadi Kishon all nine hundred of his iron chariots and all his forces. Deborah then said to Barak, "Be off, for this is the day on which the LORD has delivered Sisera into your power. The LORD marches before you." So Barak went down Mount Tabor, followed by his ten thousand men. And the LORD put Sisera and all his chariots and all his forces to rout before Barak. Sisera himself dismounted from his chariot and fled on foot. Barak, however, pursued the chariots and the army as far as Harosheth-ha-goiim. The entire army of Sisera fell beneath the sword, not even one man surviving.

-Judges 4:4-16

Here are some of my own speculations - The Holy Trinity, seeking to incarnate for purposes of the Redemption of fallen humanity, sought the most pure and holy vessel to cooperate in this. Because the original sin of Adam and Eve had been a sin of the will, that is, disobedience, a perfect act of obedience was required for mankind's part or on mankind's part to "undo" or reverse the curse brought on by our first ancestors Fall. 

IMHO (this is not Catholic doctrine so far as I know, although since I'm a Newbie it may be) - IMHO, the actions of Mary at the Annunciation took the "curse" from women for all time and tossed it onto the garbage heap. It is undone as the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross reversed the curse of the Fall for all willing to follow Him, and for Nature.  Evidence for this is found in how Christ Himself treated women. The woman at the well, the woman taken in adultery and hi sown Mother come to mind. This is a priori evidence that the Old Testament position of women (something the Prot fundamentalists maintain to this day) has been eternally changed by God Himself.

So hold your head UP, girlfriend, Our Lord Himself has met us at the well.

Who saw him first after the Resurrection? THE WOMEN!

[Image: salute.gif]         [Image: prayer3.gif]           [Image: nun.gif]       [Image: grandma.gif]          [Image: thumb.gif]
From the Baltimore Catechism:

3. Why did God make us?  

God made us to show forth His goodness and to share with us His everlasting happiness in heaven.

That's the purpose of every man and every woman.

The idea of these protestant women...many of whom are good friends of mine, is that a women should get married. Remember, they have no understanding of religious vocations or sanctified single life. Once  a woman is married they believe her duty is to care for her husband. It is not that God only does things for men, but that through the love and care of our husbands, we experience the love of God, also, that we love God by serving our husbands and being good wives. They do not really hold to visions and personal revelations so they have no feeling for "God working directly with women." I hope that helps a little!!
Hi, Happy Wife. Do they believe that God deals directly with men? Do they think that a woman who doesn't marry is sinful?
Well, in traditional protestant societies you see many examples of single protestant women. It is mostly the conservative protestants...the ones who look just like conservative catholics, that are so set on marriage.
When you see a protestant wearing an ankle length skirt, long hair, modest blouse, and carrying a few kids, you know she wants the world to fill up with more of her own...just as we trads like to see big trad families, it makes us feel less isolated. In seculer prot circles there are tons of singles, but when you believe in pre-marital sex and birth control...why not? They are just like secular catholics, and completely non-religious people. These conservative prot women do not think singles are in sin, or even disobeying God at all, they would just rather have more married friends and cute babies...
Everyone likes a sweet pious single gal, but I think people in today's depressing and anti-family world like to see rebels...thats all.
Oh, also they do not believe God deals that directly with anyone...however, they do believe that as the authority figure, men are led by God to lead their wives. This is where the whole "from God to wife through husband" mentality comes from. It is actually pretty stable, and there is a whole culture of conservative prots, just like the culture of conservative trads...great girls, prayerful men, modest clothes, big families...the whole deal.
  And it is interesting to note that they are not just swimming along, they are ridiculed for their lifestyles just like us...although they are not witnessing to the one true faith, they are getting pretty close...they would be such freakishly awesome converts...that would be great!!!!

Quote: they would be such freakishly awesome converts...that would be great!!!!

:lol: Indeed.
S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
Oh, I don't know. Chastity, modest dressing, large families and prayerfulness are fine, but their theology scares me and when I read stuff such as quoted above, I want to dive back into the comfy world of agnosticism.