Howdy Y'all
Welcome, junkyardsaint!

Quote:  
Is everyone or almost everyone who posts here a member of The Society of St. Pius (SSPX)?

Definitely not.  There are a lot of people who assist at SSPX Masses (myself included) but I don't think that represents the majority here, except insofar as many traditional Catholics go to the SSPX.

I also wouldn't say that we are "members" of the SSPX- we are members of the Catholic Church, and the SSPX is just one place to receive the sacraments.  [Image: smile.gif]  I certainly am not personally opposed to assisting at other Masses as long as they are the Tridentine Rite.
Bill Wrote:Do we need to start a new thread, where we can bash the Novus Ordo? :fish

This reminds me of something funny I just saw.
Here it is - (one of those laughing to keep from crying type of funny that is):

http://www.larosafamily.com/novusordopictures.html

Sophia Wrote:Welcome, junkyardsaint!

Quote:  
Is everyone or almost everyone who posts here a member of The Society of St. Pius (SSPX)?

Definitely not.  There are a lot of people who assist at SSPX Masses (myself included) but I don't think that represents the majority here, except insofar as many traditional Catholics go to the SSPX.

I also wouldn't say that we are "members" of the SSPX- we are members of the Catholic Church, and the SSPX is just one place to receive the sacraments.  [Image: smile.gif]  I certainly am not personally opposed to assisting at other Masses as long as they are the Tridentine Rite.

Well I read about SSPX only a little, I'm learning more as I read more about them -and if I used the wrong terminology or said anything offensive it wasn't intended; so far the SSPX seems to stand for everything that I did when I was RC and cites so many of the very same issues I had with the Church when I made an effort to "come back"- had I known about the SSPX 20 years ago I may have been involved with them myself; in fact I'm sure of it; I don't know that it would have ultimately changed the course of things but it doesn't stop me from seeing it as a good thing, and it certainly doesn't hinder my fascination with them and their position on things. I think the SSPX is great and what they are doing is long overdue. I think someone else said it; it bears repeating; thank God for the SSPX.

One thing I'm trying to understand is why Tridentine Masses are still so difficult to find, or at least they are around here; then I read that a Parish has to get a special dispensation from their Bishop to have them; otherwise they have to use that horrible new mass. I simply can not attend a new mass; I never could - but when I locate a Tridentine Mass I will attend one
At least it's now a possiibility; I remember when there weren't ever any at all to be found anywhere!
I have found a pretty good site for locating a TLM. If you go to the Traditio.com site, they have a downloadable pdf file that lists  all the TLM's around the country, and what type, i.e. SSPX, SSPV, Indult or independant.
Welcome, JunkyardSaint!