Hey everyone
Yeah but the difference between your replies, Quis, to Dons, is that I need a flippin law degree to figure them out :laughing:
A very learned man is our McMaster, and one with all the answers.
[Image: hellosmiley.gif]
           Hi to all the folks out there!
     Greeetings from sunny Ireland (well when i say sunny i don't mean in the literal sense.)
    But anyway greetings from Ireland. Where the grass is green and the water is clear and the sound of dissent is all you can hear!
        Oh and by the way don't mention the word Catholic,  it's likely to cause huge offense to the modern, new superimproved Ireland.
                                      God bless.
Gday mate.
I have some friends in Ireland, and they say things are bad.
They were living over here, and aim to come back soon.
Welcome to the Eaters of Fish.
Welcome there!

I'm 25% Irish by descent.  Nice to see someone from the Emerald Isle :)

[Image: pointandlaff.gif]  Ah yes the land of saints and scholars.  Sorry must be thinking of somewhere else!!   Because if there is a stupid and unholy thing to be done you can bet the Irish will do it first.  We are in such a hurry to be "modern"
jgpc Wrote:[Image: pointandlaff.gif]  Ah yes the land of saints and scholars.  Sorry must be thinking of somewhere else!!   Because if there is a stupid and unholy thing to be done you can bet the Irish will do it first.  We are in such a hurry to be "modern"

:laughing: My bro was over there last year, he said that the Irish farmers had all bought massive John Deere tractors, and they drive them down the shops to pick up the milk...
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:

The poster has probably had it up to his or her eyelids with the shenanigans they have seen at the NO. You can see some examples on another recent thread (link here).

I don't go, and I won't until a whole bunch of abuse is cleaned up. I see absolutely no point in exposing my kids to such scandal. [Image: eek.gif]

Anyway, bienvenidos, Izzy! I hope you will hang around.

I guess I'm out of the loop on this. Maybe it's that I belong to relatively sane and conservative parishes. Its probably because I'm in a moderate sized town in the south in the middle of nowhere. Bible belt...hey! Hmmmm...perhaps? I mean I've never seen any of these weird things that you guys are talking about, nor have I ever been to a latin mass. I want to go but that's not an option for me. I'm just stuck out in the middle of nowhere.

I mean I read the original post in that link you sent me. Yeah, I mean at my main parish we are having speeches with the priest from the other parish I sometimes go to. What's he talking about...the 7 deadly sins. And knowing this priest it's isn't going to to be very "oh, it's okay." BUHAHAHAHAHA! It's so funny because these are all college students he is talking too. Then again a touch of reality might be good for them since they learned nothing in RE. [Image: rolleyes.gif] Thank God I was homeschooled and taught a lot about the faith at home...I think the worst thing I've encountered is pathetic religious education in parishes. I remember when I was in RE, I had to keep correcting the teacher. I also fell asleep in the classes a lot because I thought what they were teaching me was watered down beliefs. Same with confirmation classes...funny how I got a bad reputation and teachers disliked me.

But anyway, I just have a hard time understanding these situations IN MASS since I have never witnessed it. Our masses tend to be sane as I said.

[/QUOTE]
originally posted by izzy

Quote:nor have I ever been to a latin mass. I want to go but that's not an option for me. I'm just stuck out in the middle of nowhere.

[/QUOTE]

Izzy,
You're in Oklahoma? That's not stuck in the middle of nowhere when it comes to the availability of the latin Mass. Both the Oklahoma City diocese and the Tulsa diocese have latin Masses available. There's also Clear Creek Monastery in Hulbert which isn't too far from Tulsa.
You should check them out.
timjp77 Wrote:Izzy,
You're in Oklahoma? That's not stuck in the middle of nowhere when it comes to the availability of the latin Mass. Both the Oklahoma City diocese and the Tulsa diocese have latin Masses available. There's also Clear Creek Monastery in Hulbert which isn't too far from Tulsa.
You should check them out.

in the OK city diocese where do they offer latin mass?
Izzy Wrote:in the OK city diocese where do they offer latin mass?

FSSP:
St. Michael Chapel
4701 N. McMillan Circle
Bethany, OK
(405) 440-9168

Independent (but pastored by a priest in SSPX's "Priest, Where is thy Mass?" book):
Queen of Angels Chapel
10301 Lakeside Drive
Oklahoma City, OK
(405) 752-0004