New Fisheater
Well Hi,
I am new to Fisheaters and new to tradition. I have been attending TLM for about a year. I returned to The Catholic Church after 30 years in protestant church .. from Baptist to E. Free to Non-Denom to Word of Faith. I came home was confirmed!!!  I am surprised on the other boards how vehement they are if your path back wasn't through SSPX or if you hold JP2 in special esteem . Why can't people just appreciate the grace we have? Well Pax Christi to all and GBU>

Well tradglad, I certainly don't hold our late Pontiff JPII in special esteem, [Image: laff.gif] but welcome to the forum!  And welcome back to the Church.  [Image: hellosmiley.gif]
Tradglad Wrote:I am surprised on the other boards how vehement they are if your path back wasn't through SSPX or if you hold JP2 in special esteem. Why can't people just appreciate the grace we have?

Now, there's a great question--though not one for disputation in this sub-forum! I've often wondered the same thing myself. (Full disclosure: I'm not an SSPX adherent, and I think it wise to avoid both extremes of (1) uncritical admiration of everything Pope John Paul II ever did and (2) less than complete acceptance of his exercise of jurisdiction in matters of faith, morals, and Church discipline and government.) Anyway, welcome aboard!

Blessings,

Don McMaster
I was just wondering..I am not SSPX but because I had returned to the Church and said that JP2 was influential in that...I was attacked on AQ like I had sat with the devil !!!! I suppose traditional catholic covers a wide spectrum. I was just surprised at the response I got to how God brought me back home.[Image: huh.gif]
There are many paths.
Gday mate, hope you have fun here. :tiphat:
Welcome TradGlad! I am a recent arrival as well, coming to Byzantine Catholicism from Greek Orthodoxy. I also frequently visit the local FSSP Chapel because thte Byzantine Church has no priest right now,thus no regular services. FE has made me feel welcome even though I don't fit in a pigeonhole so to speak. (BTW, thanks FE for that! [Image: nonsumdignus.gif] )

I fear that some of the Protestant fundamentalist mentality has rubbed off of certain branches of the Trad tree. In one of the first posts I read on FishEaters the discussion centered around saints of the Church who disagreed vehemently in life on variou sissues yet were validly canonized. God after all gave free will to each soul and forgiveness trumps all.

See ya around!

NewCatholic
Welcome, welcome. :D
Quote:
I was just wondering..I am not SSPX but because I had returned to the Church and said that JP2 was influential in that...I was attacked on AQ like I had sat with the devil !!!!
I don't think anyone would say Pope John Paul 2nd was not influential, it's just that the influence he had was not good. Some would say he single handedly brought the Church to it's knees in South America and detsroyed the Last Catholic government on Earth being that of Augusto Pinochet. You could write an encyclopedic volume on the anti Catholic things he did and the damage he caused.
The mistake people make is to think that they can judge his soul or presume this mass devistation of Catholicism was intentional and that he is in Hell, which is not the place of anyone on this planet, even the self appointed doctors of the Church at Angelqueen.