School Vaccine Exemptions Put Kids At Risk
Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070330/hl_n...tions_dc_1

School vaccine exemptions put kids at risk
[-]
  •
If children can be exempted from vaccination for medical reasons without being a danger to society, then they can be exempted for any reason, surely!

Clare.

Philomena Wrote:How do unvaccinated children put vaccinated children at risk? Are vaccines not so reliable? Do the vaccinated still have to avoid all possible contact with the disease?  [Image: huh.gif] 

That's one of the things that just kills me about the whole vaccination debate. Parents are told that all manner of horrible illnesses could befall their children if they don't have them vaccinated, then they turn around and write an article like this telling them that their vaccinated children are at risk for all manner of horrible illnesses. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad...
In Japan, SIDS became all but unheard-of when the government stopped mandating vaccinations.  There have never been any long term studies of the side-effects of vaccination.  Nearly all major epidemics were already in decline by the time their vaccines were implemented. In view of those facts and other research I have done,  plus the fetal tissue problem, I decided not to vaccinate my children at all. Fortunately I live in a state where it is pretty easy to exempt  any child.
Johanna Wrote:In Japan, SIDS became all but unheard-of when the government stopped mandating vaccinations.  There have never been any long term studies of the side-effects of vaccination.  Nearly all major epidemics were already in decline by the time their vaccines were implemented. In view of those facts and other research I have done,  plus the fetal tissue problem, I decided not to vaccinate my children at all. Fortunately I live in a state where it is pretty easy to exempt  any child.

What state is that?  Maybe I should move there if I get married.
Colorado.  They allow exemptions for Medical or Religious reasons or  for "informed  choice " or something like that, I forget the exact wording. The upshot is, any kid can be exempted by their parents.  I haven't actually filed the paperwork myself yet, as my children are both very young, and I  plan to home school them for a while anyway.
miss_fluffy Wrote:
Johanna Wrote:In Japan, SIDS became all but unheard-of when the government stopped mandating vaccinations.  There have never been any long term studies of the side-effects of vaccination.  Nearly all major epidemics were already in decline by the time their vaccines were implemented. In view of those facts and other research I have done,  plus the fetal tissue problem, I decided not to vaccinate my children at all. Fortunately I live in a state where it is pretty easy to exempt  any child.

What state is that?  Maybe I should move there if I get married.

Washington is pretty easy, too. [Image: ciao.gif]