Any cocktail drinkers in the house?
I was wondering if there were any mixed drink people on the forum. I'm certainly not against beer ( :clink: ) but I like to mix drinks as a hobby. If you're a cocktail person what's your preference? Martini, Manhattan, Tom Collins, something more nouveaux?

[Image: 446921955_40d952e4ee.jpg?v=0]
Oh yeah, my preference is a Sweet Manhattan.
I'm more of a beer or Scotch guy, but I like cocktails occasionally. I like Manhattans, but usually if I'm having a drink, I like Black Russians with vanilla vodka. What do you make your Manhattans with?
I love cocktails! In fact, I've taken part in a couple of bartending competitions before.

I'm not a big fan of Manhattans. Traditional cocktails are lovely, but nowadays more and more "nouveaux" cocktails are coming into the scene. A personal favourite is the Chocotini (chocolate martini made with vodka, Baileys, chocolate sauce, and garnished with chocolate shavings).

Generally, I like long drinks, especially the more tropical kinds. Things you sip by the beach or something, without that cocktail umbrella please.

Kenny Wrote:I love cocktails!

sad
aquinas138 Wrote:I'm more of a beer or Scotch guy

happy
aquinas138 Wrote:I'm more of a beer or Scotch guy, but I like cocktails occasionally. I like Manhattans, but usually if I'm having a drink, I like Black Russians with vanilla vodka. What do you make your Manhattans with?

[Image: lagavulin-scotch.jpg]
There is no other... ;)
Quote:Lagavulin is an Islay scotch, a region known for creating peaty whisky, but this stuff had a deep peat smell the likes of which we'd never experienced, and a rich amber color. Between the two, we were given the warm feeling of a campfire. The taste was a combination of sweetness and smoke, and very rugged, sticking around long after we swallowed.

We love scotch but have been carefully nursing this bottle for a little over a year. It was a lovely Christmas present in 2005. All it would take is one cigar party and the bottle could disappear, so we hide it. :sneaky:

My Sweet Manhattan*

1 1/2 oz Jim Beam Bourbon
3/4 oz Noilly Prat sweet vermouth

I had the chance to try it with Makers Mark but I missed my chance. Makers Mark is a little out of our budget for the time being.

*I usually double the recipe.
Amaretto with soda over ice, limoncello with soda over ice, vodka martinis with plenty of olives and something crunchy, Gin Fizzes, "Bloody Lizzies" (the proper Catholic name for "Bloody Marys," ahem), Mojitos, margaritas, grapefruit juice and vodka, hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps (preferably a strong one like Rumpelminz) and whipped cream...

Nothing with coke, nothing with ice cream, nothing with Baileys, am not into whisky or bourbon, and am not too fond of rum other than in Mojitos or hot with spiced cider.

I also like to slam a few shots once in a while, preferably tequila, vodka or Rumpelminz.  I also love amontillado, wine, and beer.

Now you know everything you need to know about me LOL
I love cocktails. (I used to be a bartender in a Polynesian restaurant, so my experience has been with the more exotic type of drink - Singapore slings and crocodile coolers. I don't think I've ever made classics like a Manhattan or a martini.) Nevertheless my personal favorites are pretty ordinary - margaritas, vodka tonic, tequila sunrise, blue lagoon...
I love cocktails, a little too much methinks ;)

I tried one of those Mojitos a couple of months ago and thought it was lovely.  My other favs are the long island iced tea, margaritas, and just plain old rum w/iced tea.

I've been thinking of inventing a new drink combining the mojito with iced tea.  Seems like crushed mint and lime would go lovely with some tea and rum.

Of course, I gave up drinking for lent, so my new invention will have to wait till next week.