Easter Dinner
Now that we've talked about dessert, what's for dinner this Easter?
Well I have my brother and his new missus coming over (the rest of the Fam are on Holidays down at the beach :( )
Anyhow...I'm cooking Roast Pork (in memory of the Jews) with asparagus, snow peas, roasted onions, and of course taters served with Hollandaise sauce and the crackling will be done to perfection, of course. Before dinner I'll serve up a thingy of cheese, caviar (fish eggs, hey it's Easter) and kabana. I'm not sure if I should do a sweets, cos we'll be grazing on chocolate all day.
Oh and one more thing...
Beer.
Ham, leg of lamb, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, spinach/cheese casserole, and string beans 'n onions.

Can't have but a pinch of wine, as I'm pregnant, but a bit won't hurt.

Christina
We are doing a potluck with all the "strays" in town (those with no immediate family in town). There will be turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, 5 cheese lasagna, stuffed tomatoes, tres leches cake and lemon and raspberry cake. Oh, and we can't forget the champagne. Cheers! :champagne :)
I'm stuck with a meal plan and what's in the dining hall.
Oh man I am stuffed.
The pig went well, had prawns too with caviar...beer...tassie cheese...beer... nobbies nuts...beer...beer...beer...red wine...beer...beer
Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, gravy, mashed taters, steamed asparagus, and a cream cheese lime jello. No dessert -there is already far too much chocolate in this house. :laughing:
JLeigh Wrote:Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, gravy, mashed taters, steamed asparagus, and a cream cheese lime jello. No dessert -there is already far too much chocolate in this house. :laughing:

Oh, dudette, did you have horseradish sauce to go with that roast beast and Yorkshire puddin'??? Except for the "no dessert" part (what?!), this sounds heavenly...
VoxClamantis Wrote: 

Oh, dudette, did you have horseradish sauce to go with that roast beast and Yorkshire puddin'???
But of course!

Quote:Except for the "no dessert" part (what?!), this sounds heavenly...

If I have a dessert with all the chocolate already in the house, I will have to peel my family off the ceiling. :wink:
We had several Polish items for a brunch of sorts; e.g. pierogi, eggs, kilbasa, etc. It was a pleasure to have a traditional Catholic priest bless the food just a few minutes before the start of the Easter vigil.