Their heads are in the clouds.....and other places
Jesus appears on Google MapsWednesday, April 25, 2007 [Image: googlejesus_175x125.jpg]
Jesus is the one on the left (click for bigger)

He has appeared in many places – on a cement floor, on a shower wall, and most notably on a dog's bottom – but now Jesus has appeared in a place that's perhaps more appropriate… floating in the shape of a cloud over Mount Sinai.

Or so claims somebody on YouTube, anyway.

The video was created by one Brian Martin of the USA, who describes it in the following manner: 'I google mapped where people thought Mt Sinai is in the world and when I zoomed in, I saw Jesus in the Clouds. You can see his Body, Robe, Belt like thing and FACE.. also a Halo on his head.'

In case you're wondering, Jesus is floating at a 45% angle, with his face in the North East. You can see him best if you sort of stand back and squint quite a lot. Sort of.

Sadly, the video has now been removed from YouTube. However, to help you identify the Jesus, we got a team of talented graphical artists to alter the photo to make Jesus more obvious.

[Image: googlejesus2_450x334.jpg]

Other things that it potentially bears a resemblance to, according to internet commenters, include The Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Predator, and A Cloud.

Jesus image appears on dogTuesday, November 7, 2006 [Image: angusassjesus_175x125.jpg]
The image of Jesus on the dog. Click for a bigger Jesus.

In further Jesus news, evidence has come to our attention of the latest in a long line of miraculous apparitions of the image our Our Lord. After Jesus has been recently spotted appearing in spilled hot chocolate, dental x-rays and shrimp, a reader sends us evidence that He has appeared on the bottom of a dog.

The dog's name is Angus MacDougall, and he is a very cute three-year-old terrier mix. The image of Jesus can be clearly seen in the fur surrounding his anus.

The apparition of Jesus is shown on the website getbehindjesus.net. Admiring comments from witnesses to Angus's Jesus are quoted on the site, including 'Truly a holy event,' and 'It's hard to understand the meaning of this appearance, but one thing is for sure, that dog's bum looks incredibly like Jesus.'

The website relates the story of the holy image's discovery:

Angus' personal Jesus was first discovered on the morning of Sunday, July 2, 2006. The family was waking up when Angus began to perform his morning ritual. He stretched forward then leaned back sticking his rump high in the air. At that moment, the morning sunlight hit Angus' rear end and low and behold…

"It's Jesus!" Angus' father exclaimed.

Ever since that sanctified day, the image of Jesus has graced Angus' buttocks.

It is believed that Angus may belong to Jessica White, a photgrapher and artist based in Los Angeles.

That's nice.
I'm not sure my sensus catholicus appreciates this types of apparitions.  I don't see the dignity of it at all.  "Blessed be Jesus in the most Holy Sacrament of the altar" (from the Divine Praises) cannot be praised, uttered or referred to in these "apparitions."  It borders on  the blasphemous.  Sorry.
Dilexisti Wrote:I'm not sure my sensus catholicus appreciates this types of apparitions.  I don't see the dignity of it at all.  "Blessed be Jesus in the most Holy Sacrament of the altar" (from the Divine Praises) cannot be praised, uttered or referred to in these "apparitions."  It borders on  the blasphemous.  Sorry.

it doesnt just border on it, it is blasphemous and insulting.
I stand corrected.