Not smoking can be sinful
Two Jesuits were arguing whether it is ok to smoke and pray at the same time. To resolve this, they agreed to approach their Superior on separate occasions to ask his opinion.

A few weeks later, one of the Jesuits saw the other praying the Rosary while smoking. He barged in and exclaimed, "This isn't fair! I asked Fr Superior whether I could smoke while I pray, and he said no!"

"Well," the other calmly replied, "I asked him whether I could pray while I smoke."

Kenny Wrote:Two Jesuits were arguing whether it is ok to smoke and pray at the same time. To resolve this, they agreed to approach their Superior on separate occasions to ask his opinion.

A few weeks later, one of the Jesuits saw the other praying the Rosary while smoking. He barged in and exclaimed, "This isn't fair! I asked Fr Superior whether I could smoke while I pray, and he said no!"

"Well," the other calmly replied, "I asked him whether I could pray while I smoke."

[Image: rofl.gif][Image: grouchosmiley.gif][Image: pipe.gif]

Thanks for the info, heliotropes4.  That is what I thought but there's alot of confusion out there.
I heard the sermon by the good Father, and it was good. However, I have difficulty imagining a doctor recommending I take up smoking or commence drinking alcohol on a regular basis for some condition I have. Surely there are alternatives he would recommend.

I'm interested in finding out the benefits of smoking though. I smoke occasionally, and it would be nice to tape some findings on my back if anyone should voice their concerns.

fridayer Wrote:I heard the sermon by the good Father, and it was good. However, I have difficulty imagining a doctor recommending I take up smoking or commence drinking alcohol on a regular basis for some condition I have. Surely there are alternatives he would recommend.

I'm interested in finding out the benefits of smoking though. I smoke occasionally, and it would be nice to tape some findings on my back if anyone should voice their concerns.

I'd have a hard time thinking a doctor would suggest smoking also. But I have had a few friends whose doctors told them to drink wine and or beer (a dark stout) for specific purposes.
It has been proven that nicotine enhances memory formation and recall.  Makes you smarter [Image: smokin.gif]
[Image: essay.gif]