I wish I knew for sure
I still am not sure about my future, but I just can't understand why am so much more interested in the various aspects of the Catholic faith that I am of the medical field which I have thought I was set to go toward. I don't know, but I don't think deep interest in the Catholic faith necessarily is a sign for a vocation. Although I still have to discern that. I just don't know if my real gift is for science and mathematics at all. My heart just has not been in the area of science now, and I must admit that I have gotten too lazy about it. I am just confused if God would want me at all to go into medicine and then later even get married in the future, for such a possiblity of even meeting a girl seems very unlikely to me now at this point with the utter rejection I get every time when I try to be good and charitable. There are just no good Traditional Catholics girls around really anyway and so why should I ever bother. I don't know, and also I am too shy. So I don't know why there is just too much pressure on me about that and school. I have too much doubt about going into medicine since I have not shown any apparent interest in the subject neither to myself or to my family and friends. Interest in the Catholic faith just is more apparent, but then my mother says I would be too selfish if I went into being a historian or something of the sort. I just don't feel right sometimes about it. I just don't feel I have it in me though, but I don't want to let anyone down either, especially God. I feel stuck and don't know what to do. Ever since my last year of high school, I have had the silly idea of not having to study when I need to since I feel like I had my fill of studying all throughout my life so far. Also I had the feeling of having to like a girl, which did not help me either. I many times get the feeling of the "grass being greener on the other side" with other places, people, things, and situations. Please pray for me.
How old are you?
I am 21 years old and will be 22 in December.
I just feel like I need to decide soon though.
Kephapaulos Wrote:I just feel like I need to decide soon though.

Perhaps you should consider making an Ignatian retreat. Is there a retreat house near you?

Prayers are on the way.
I know the Phoenix, AZ Ignatian retreat house would be the closest to me since I am in San Antonio, TX, but the only thing is that I would not have the time, and plus my parents have no sympathy really with the SSPX sadly. They think they are not Catholic just because the Archdiocesan told my mother they were excommunicated.
Kephapaulos Wrote:I know the Phoenix, AZ Ignatian retreat house would be the closest to me since I am in San Antonio, TX, but the only thing is that I would not have the time, and plus my parents have no sympathy really with the SSPX sadly. They think they are not Catholic just because the Archdiocesan told my mother they were excommunicated.

You could just call them for spiritual direction. The SSPX priests are very knowledgeable. It seems that your heart is very heavy.  [Image: sad.gif]  It can't hurt to call. I did that very thing several (!) years ago. I have never regretted it.