What are you paying..
Just paid $3.13 at the BJ's Wholesale Club. (Connecticut)

Christina
Ger Wrote:...Euros 1.10 per litre here - times roughly 3.8 to convert to gallons so that's euros 4.18 per gallon ....that's USD 5.64 per gallon!

When I lived in Ireland, it was roughly 1:1 in price of a litre there to a gallon in the US, making 4:1 the real ratio for gallon to gallon. So, you can see the gap has closed quite a bit - it is not even 2:1 now.
I heard that in Iraq a gallon of gasoline costs 12 american cents.

Anyways, in Europe there is an alternative fuel which I know of as called as autogas which cost about 1/3 of the price of normal gasoline but is also good for the car. The downside is that the car needs to have some changes to make this fuel usable. Perhaps this is some Eastern European secret or something known only mechanics because it may seem that they are the only ones who know about this.
Hum ..... Someone could help me with the litre / gallon thing. Well, the litre costs R$ 2,20. So, in US dollars that would be about U$ 1,10.  
handel Wrote:I heard that in Iraq a gallon of gasoline costs 12 american cents.

Anyways, in Europe there is an alternative fuel which I know of as called as autogas which cost about 1/3 of the price of normal gasoline but is also good for the car. The downside is that the car needs to have some changes to make this fuel usable. Perhaps this is some Eastern European secret or something known only mechanics because it may seem that they are the only ones who know about this.

Speaking of alternative fuel. Believe it or not, my BIL went to some weird fair a few years ago, and they had a class on peanut oil (other oils can work as well) for fuel. He promptly figured out how to convert his cars over, and now they all run on oil. He has some agreements with restaurants in his area, and they give him their used fry oil for dirt cheap. The only downside is that when driving down the road, he leaves a trail of McDonalds fumes LOL.
AUD$1.29/l
Lucky I don't drive much.
JLeigh Wrote:
handel Wrote:I heard that in Iraq a gallon of gasoline costs 12 american cents.

Speaking of alternative fuel. Believe it or not, my BIL went to some weird fair a few years ago, and they had a class on peanut oil (other oils can work as well) for fuel. He promptly figured out how to convert his cars over, and now they all run on oil. He has some agreements with restaurants in his area, and they give him their used fry oil for dirt cheap. The only downside is that when driving down the road, heÊleaves a trail of McDonalds fumes LOL.

Sounds like biodiesel.
Gas here is $2.89/gal now.
The rest of the world (except the Middle East) has been paying this much or much more for gas for years/decades and managed.
Ok, I checked today and it's $3.45/gallon... I'm running on fumes waiting for it to go down a bit... [Image: scared0005.gif]
JLeigh Wrote:Speaking of alternative fuel. Believe it or not, my BIL went to some weird fair a few years ago, and they had a class on peanut oil (other oils can work as well) for fuel. He promptly figured out how to convert his cars over, and now they all run on oil. He has some agreements with restaurants in his area, and they give him their used fry oil for dirt cheap. The only downside is that when driving down the road, he leaves a trail of McDonalds fumes LOL.

The Mythbusters did this, it's pretty cool

Adam is just so cute [Image: inlove.gif]
Hm... about 8$ a gallon