What are you paying..
No way!  8$ !!!!!!  Government taxes?

Well that knocks everyone else into the ha'penny place!
Just spent $49 getting 14 gallons. Bummer.
Viking's obviously in Europe somewhere...I spent many years in Germany, and we definitely are spoiled rotten here in the USA with our indigination over gas prices! In Oklahoma the price of gas seems to be on a roller coaster ride. It has gone up and down by as much 10¢/gal. from one day to the next for the last couple of weeks. Supposedly partly due to a refinery fire we had here recently. Today it's ranging from 3.17 to 3.45 (regular, depending on whether it's at 7-ll or Shell). My last fill-up cost over $60 (18 gal. Pontiac Bonnie) I've just stopped going practically ANYWHERE!
-Robin
Daniel Wrote:AUD$1.29/l
Lucky I don't drive much.

AUD$1.36 down in Newc the other day!
But its down to about AUD$1.27 now
Most of you Americans are lucky to still have relatively cheap gasoline... Here in Norway, we pay about $8 for one gallon......
Varus Wrote:Here in Norway, we pay about $8 for one gallon......

Wow! [Image: crazy.gif] We pay half as much and probably complain twice as loud here.
But you all have intra-european plane flights for not even a dollar.... Joacim showed me his ticket: he's flying from Paris to somewhere for 6 Svensk Kroner, which is, I gather, about 60 cents.

Cupertino Wrote:Wow! [Image: crazy.gif] We pay half as much and probably complain twice as loud here.

We also lack, in most places, a public transportation system worthy of the name.  Europe is often easy to traverse via public transport.  Americans drive everywhere, and often much greater distances than Europeans would consider driving.  I am not espousing one situation over another here, just pointing out there are good reasons why the price increase we have seen here in the US is a bigger problem than it would be in Europe.

Btw, the oil companies have been experiencing record profits of late, quarter after quarter.  Times are tough all round, I guess.
DominusTecum Wrote:But you all have intra-european plane flights for not even a dollar.... Joacim showed me his ticket: he's flying from Paris to somewhere for 6 Svensk Kroner, which is, I gather, about 60 cents.

Really?!?  That's interesting. So, you're better off working in London than 20 km from home then.

Good point, OL.  There aren't many places where public transit is a real option.
viking Wrote:Hm... about 8$ a gallon

Varus Wrote:Most of you Americans are lucky to still have relatively cheap gasoline... Here in Norway, we pay about $8 for one gallon......

--See I still don’t get that. You guys are swimmin’ in the stuff to the point where it’s a major export. How come ya can’t get a break? This seems to be akin to me, a kid from Illinois, paying three dollars for an ear of corn!