"Climate Change", or "Global Warming?"
What's with the 2 different names? Any insights? Thanks! [Image: smile.gif]
Deidre Wrote:What's with the 2 different names? Any insights? Thanks! [Image: smile.gif]

Yep -
[Image: 140008.jpg]
Marty:

When one is trying to drink one's coffee and peruse the forum at the same time, the last thing one wants to see while taking a satisfying drink of coffee is a pile of runny dog crap!!! GACK.

Thank you, Marty, for destroying my morning java. [Image: coffee-smiley.gif]
Today, the terms are pretty much interchangeable, though I read that
Quote:the Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), in its Article 1, defines “climate change” as: “a change of climate which is attributed directly or indirectly to human activity that alters the composition of the global atmosphere and which is in addition to natural climate variability observed over comparable time periods”. The UNFCCC thus makes a distinction between “climate change” attributable to human activities altering the atmospheric composition, and “climate variability” attributable to natural causes.

Marty!! I meant insights about why there were different names, not insights about how you felt about the whole thing in general! [Image: rolleyes.gif]  And shame on you, for destroying J's caffeine-peace! [Image: shameonyou.gif]
JLeigh Wrote:Marty:

When one is trying to drink one's coffee and peruse the forum at the same time, the last thing one wants to see while taking a satisfying drink of coffee is a pile of runny dog crap!!! GACK.

Thank you, Marty, for destroying my morning java. [Image: coffee-smiley.gif]

...it's Bull, not dog.