It came from the 1971 Sears Catalog!

If you like to look  back at the past and laff, laff, laff at the things you used to wear, you must visit this site. The intro to it:

Quote:

It came from the 1971 Sears Catalog!

I found this Fall 1971 Sears catalog at an estate sale. Estate sales are where others come and loot the deceased for fun and profit. I was hoping to find some nice toy pictures in this catalog. The toys only show up in the "Wish Book". I did find over 1600 pages of pure ugly.

I present the highlights from this catalog. Some of the pictures inspired stories, comments and questions. Other pictures do not need any commentary at all.

Click the "Enter at your own risk!" link, and then navigate with menu to the left... Ack!

Yikes! In '71 I was 13 years old – not much older than some of those kids on the Boy's Clothes pages. We called those plaid or stripped pants "cake-eater pants" because only the detestable suburbanite kids wore them.

We always bought clothes out of the Sears catalog. In '71 Adidas were becoming the rage and I was desperate to own some, but like most of the other kids on the block I had to settle for the Sears knock-off version. Vinyl of course, but the only thing that mattered were the stripes on the side.

My Mom has actually been looking for one of these for me! :eek:
[Image: 511206080_4d5649beca_m.jpg]

I'd much rather have this:
[Image: Candy%20Apple%20Green%20with%20Booties.jpg]

this:
[Image: Tangerine%20Dream%20Baby_1.jpg]

or this:
[Image: Crimson%20Kiss%20Red%20and%20booties.jpg]
Oh nicolette!  I'm sure someone else will tell you a different thing, but those were kind of hard on the back for me, and only work for a certain age.  The one I have, the Tough Traveler, is like the Sears one, and the babies love it (very good for toddlers too) and it is easy on the back.  Great for the supermarket, a hike, or working outside (good exercise too, LOL):

Tough Traveler  ----made in the USA!!

[Image: Stallion41.jpg]

Of course for the smaller babies, the old fashioned sling, like the one made by Maya Wrap is super versatile.

[Image: hmmm.gif]Hmmm...can you do house work in it?  I've got a sling but I can't wear it because of my back, so I'm still looking for something to put the baby in while I do housework.  I was thinking that a backpack type thing would work.  That looks like it would be ideal for hiking too. 

Edit:  Ok, I just clicked on the link.  Most obviously for hiking.  [Image: doh.gif]  Sometimes I think I should be relabled as the Forum Dunce [Image: dunce.gif]
nicollette Wrote:[Image: hmmm.gif]Hmmm...can you do house work in it?  I've got a sling but I can't wear it because of my back, so I'm still looking for something to put the baby in while I do housework.  I was thinking that a backpack type thing would work.  That looks like it would be ideal for hiking too. 

LOL- I just edited my post to say that it was good for working outside or hiking.  Everything is adjustable, even the back length, and with the waist strap so you can distribute some of the weight to your hips.  You could use it to work in the house, but I think the sling is easier to handle for something like that.