bottled water is a scam
51olds Wrote:If your tap water comes out yellow, you might consider checking/replacing some plumbing. One could also boil the tap water to be on the safe side.

Many people around here do. As far as plumbing, she just had the house built a few years back and the water was yellowish then too. It's just the area. Not all cities around Jackson have that problem though.
I have to drink bottled water because I am allergic to chlorine and FLORIDE. They both are in my tap water, and there is NO WAY TO FILTER OUT FLORIDE. I CHECKED with several filtration companies. You can boil out chlorine, but not floride. And no filter will get rid of it. Floride is manatory in my Sacramento CA drinking water, and it makes me itch all over, so I am allergic to it. I must drink bottled water. It just isn't fair. The pipes here in my building are old and the water comes out cloudy too. I have no control over that. I am a section 8 renter. So some people do have to drink bottled water, and I make sure what I buy is Spring Water and that the source is on the label.
Doesn't most bottled water actually add floride?
incrucetrad Wrote:I have to drink bottled water because I am allergic to chlorine and FLORIDE. They both are in my tap water, and there is NO WAY TO FILTER OUT FLORIDE. I CHECKED with several filtration companies. You can boil out chlorine, but not floride. And no filter will get rid of it. Floride is manatory in my Sacramento CA drinking water, and it makes me itch all over, so I am allergic to it. I must drink bottled water. It just isn't fair. The pipes here in my building are old and the water comes out cloudy too. I have no control over that. I am a section 8 renter. So some people do have to drink bottled water, and I make sure what I buy is Spring Water and that the source is on the label.
All people are "allergic" to fluoride, it damages the thyroid gland (it's calcifies it and many other organs though to lesser degrees). Fluoride is the active component in Sarin Nerve Gas and though still dangerous without it's fluorine atoms it is almost always deadly with it. Check out http://www.fluoridealert.org/ to see it's danger, it shows the lies to us concerning our municipal water-treatment plants by big business toothpaste companies, researchers, doctors and politicians.
It is a good idea to buy and drink steam-distilled water when possible. To the best of my knowledge, steam-distiled water doesn't have fluoride or chlorine in it.
No wonder there is a shortage of water...it's all in bloody bottles! :mad:
51olds Wrote:If your tap water comes out yellow, you might consider checking/replacing some plumbing. One could also boil the tap water to be on the safe side.

No...if your water comes out yellow, someone is playing a trick on you.
Tip: Don't eat yellow snow...OR WATER!!
Spooky7272 Wrote:
Carole Wrote:It always amazes me that people are willing to spend so much money on something they can get for free from their taps.

When I lived in Florida the big local brand of bottled water was Zephyrhills Spring Water. The secret? If you lived in the city of Zephyrhills, FL you got the same water from your tap for free.

I don't know where you live Carole, but here we have to pay for our tap water. Granted it's cheaper than bottled water but try taking a 20 minute shower w/o my dad having a hissy fit about the water bill [Image: laff.gif]

Doh! That's right. I now no longer have a well on my property and I do have a water bill. But the amount of my water bill that is actually consumed water is insignificant compared to the amount of water used for bathing, washing clothing and dishes, watering our lawn (which I really hate to do) and other large usage amounts.

Even adding in the cost of the filters (about $150.00 per year for the filters for both the ice maker and the kitchen sink) it is a heck of a lot cheaper than what you pay for bottled water that is nothing more than nicely labeled tap water.

I haven't lived in an area that added fluoride to the water in more than 30 years, so that hadn't occurred to me.

But even some "spring waters" are still tap water.  Like Zephyrhills Spring Water.  The source for municipal/city water of Zepyrhills, FL is the same spring that the bottled water is derived from.  So people who live in Zephyrhills and buy bottled water (and there are quite a few) are actually paying twice for the same thing.
P.S. - Reverse Osmosis filtration systems (which are more expensive) can filter out flouride from water.  As can some distillation filtration systems.

You have to look specifically for them, but you can indeed find filtration systems that will remove fluoride from tap water.  Below is a link to one example.

http://www.allergybuyersclubshopping.com...ystem.html

The start up costs are higher but they may end up being more cost effective in the long run.  Just something to consider.

CaroleK Wrote:P.S. - Reverse Osmosis filtration systems (which are more expensive) can filter out flouride from water.  As can some distillation filtration systems.

You have to look specifically for them, but you can indeed find filtration systems that will remove fluoride from tap water.  Below is a link to one example.

http://www.allergybuyersclubshopping.com...ystem.html

The start up costs are higher but they may end up being more cost effective in the long run.  Just something to consider.
The problem with Reverse Osmosis flters is that they filter slow. I say our cities need to stop adding poisons to our water and start purifying with Ozone treatment instand of dangerous chlorine.