Very old recipes
Quote:
Here's the story. My wife just got back from Berkeley where she helped a friend give birth

Does this surprise anyone?

Quote:
A few days later, while I indulged in resting and bonding with baby Aaron, my husband suggested that we get "it" out of the refrigerator.

I wonder if they they would have done this 8?  10? 12? times?  Or was it just one of those "I was there" things?
Quote: The first time I ate placenta was after a very powerful birthing.

LOL. What birth isn't "powerful?" Does that make this placenta better? Ugh!

I had 4 homebirths and I never once had the urge to eat the afterbirth like a mama cat! Gross! One of my midwives had tried it - she said it tasted like heart.

[Image: whacky032.gif]
[Image: puke.gif]

Oh man, that seriously nauseates me. Gotta be the most disgusting thing I've ever read. I love my cats to death, but they are both heathens. I'd never think of "imitating" them in that respect.
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:
Quote: The first time I ate placenta was after a very powerful birthing.

LOL. What birth isn't "powerful?" Does that make this placenta better? Ugh!

Well, of COURSE it does! The "womyn-meat" is a magickal, mysterious thing that just screams out to the goddess in every womyn, and the more powerful the birthing (one must never say just "birth"; it's not witchy enough!), the more powerful the womyn-flesh! Think of how it was described by the dear sister-womyn in the article! "This meat still felt very much alive to me as I began to slice it and saute it in garlic and oil" ... "The serenity in the meat enveloped me as it cooked, and I recalled the birthing." SIGH and SWOON! The sacred sacrificial womyn-womb-meat gave life for nine months and begs to give life once more -- preferably to Berkely vegetarians! I want to rub the placenta all over my body as I romp, sky-clad, in my backyard under a full Harvest Moon! I want to sing and leap and express my wolf-womyn-magick-crone-circle-spirit by wearing a purple, placenta-shaped hat! Solidarity! O, blessed be, blessed be!

Quote:I had 4 homebirths and I never once had the urge to eat the afterbirth like a mama cat! Gross! One of my midwives had tried it - she said it tasted like heart.

The womyn-womb IS the heart of the womyn, so the similarity in taste is no surprise! No surprise at all! The woooooooooomb is the secret chamber that cries monthly with a sacred issue that one can use to make beautiful artwork! The womb is genius, life and beauty! It is truth! Just be sure to use a lot of pepper.
DominusTecum Wrote:[Image: puke.gif]

Oh man, that seriously nauseates me. Gotta be the most disgusting thing I've ever read. I love my cats to death, but they are both heathens. I'd never think of "imitating" them in that respect.

Eric! I thought we'd determined that cats are Catholic!

At any rate, there are a lot of things cats do that I wouldn't dream of imitating. I'm not sure which of those awful things I'd put first, but placenta-eating and public bathing both rank high.
[quote]
LOL!!! And barf!!!
This is by no means as putrid as everything else that has been posted, but I thought it would be helpful to revive an old favorite. Presenting: the watch-the-guests-start-retching cake, the watch-the-looks-of-horror cake, the one, the only.... KITTY LITTER CAKE! [Image: bis.gif]

[Image: kitty%20litter%20cake.jpg]

Doesn't look that bad. Actually that looks good. Hey, Leon what is the one from Espana with? Are those peppers,paprika?
Marisa Wrote:[Image: morcelas1.jpg]

The Portuguese version looks tastier than all the rest, no? [Image: laff.gif]
I'm gonna go puke now....
JLeigh Wrote:This is by no means as putrid as everything else that has been posted, but I thought it would be helpful to revive an old favorite. Presenting: the watch-the-guests-start-retching cake, the watch-the-looks-of-horror cake, the tne, the only.... KITTY LITTER CAKE! [Image: bis.gif]

It's baaaa-aack! What a frightening -- and hilarious -- blast from the past! LOL LOL
Eating placenta!  What a clever little loophole for the satisfaction of strange, carnal urges!   Only serial killers and Berkeley vegetarians have human flesh boiling on the stove.