Any fishy people near Santa Rosa, California?
I'm sorry to spam the board with this, but I'm going to be traveling to Santa Rosa in a few weeks and it looks like a pretty liberal diocese.  On Sunday I'm hoping I won't have to take my chances with whichever church is nearest. Does anyone on this board know of a Mass near Santa Rosa that they can recommend?  (I'd be happy with either rite; I just don't want to see anything sacrilegious... you know...)  If so I'd be very grateful! If not, pray for me. :)
According to Traditio, there is a Latin Mass about 28 miles from Santa Rosa. I would definitely call before committing to it.

Holy Cross Cemetery Chapel

2121 Spring St., St. Helena, CA 94574

Fr. Peter Talcott, SVM, (707) 963-2231

Independent, SU 9 am, M-SA 8 am

Thanks Siobhan (how is that pronounced, anyway?)  :)
I'm not familiar with Norcal, but I think Vacaville is somewhat close to Santa Rosa.

St. Mary's Catholic Church,
350 Stinson Ave., Vacaville, CA 95688-2619
No celebrant announced, (707) 649-8467
Diocese, SU, 2 pm

http://traditionaljoe.blogspot.com/2005/...-mass.html
siobhan Wrote:According to Traditio, there is a Latin Mass about 28 miles from Santa Rosa. I would definitely call before committing to it.

Holy Cross Cemetery Chapel

2121 Spring St., St. Helena, CA 94574

Fr. Peter Talcott, SVM, (707) 963-2231

Independent, SU 9 am, M-SA 8 am

I believe this priest is a member of "The Society of the Virgin Mary" whose orders derive from the whole Thuc/Duarte-Costa line.

From their website:

Quote:Rev. Fr. Peter V. Talcott was conditionally reordained using the pre-Vatican Council II rite a priest for the Society of the Virgin Mary by Bishop Patrick Taylor on Feb. 16, 2000 at Washington, D.C.

Vacaville's more than an hour away.  If it were just me I'd gladly drive that far for a good Mass, but then the non-Catholics I'll be staying with would have to wait all morning for me to get back.... Thanks to all of you for the info; I appreciate it!
I'd agree, no to Vacaville.

St. Helena's a pretty, little town. In the wine country, too. I live about 18 miles from Santa Rosa, PM me if I can help out.
Actually, Fr. Talcott no longer says Mass at the Holy Cross Cemetery.

Depending when you're in the area, you have a few options:

Option #1:

Sun. 7:30am (not on 2nd Sunday of the month, though)
Daily 8:40am
Carmelite House of Prayer.
PO Box 347.
Oakville CA 94562
Fr. Mark Kristy
http://www.oakvillecarmelites.org

They have a map on their website. The priest who says the Mass isn't currently allowed to advertise it - but that should change after Sept. 14. You're welcome to come of course though. There's usually coffee and donuts after.

Option #2:

Sun. 12:30pm, 2nd Sunday
Holy Family Church
402 Donaldson Way,
Rutherford, CA 94599

Option #3:

This one's in the upstairs of a community dance center, so the chapel's a little rough, but the priest is really great.

Sun. 10:15am
Hermann's Son's. Hall
860 Western Ave.,
Petaluma, CA 94952

Fr. William Young, (707) 527-6166

Not sure if it's an issue for you, but all three of these are "indult" Masses.
Just to let you guys know, the Mass in Petaluma no longer exists.  It has been moved to Marinwood, Holy Rosary Chapel, 12:15 Mass.
barbara Wrote:Just to let you guys know, the Mass in Petaluma no longer exists.  It has been moved to Marinwood, Holy Rosary Chapel, 12:15 Mass.

You're talking about the 11:30 in the Chapel at St. Vincent's Boys School in Novato; right?

PM me, I'm about 10 minutes away.