How many babies in a row of one sex?
For the moms with larger families, what is your longest "streak" of a single sex/gender?  We're having our 4th girl, and we know a bunch of families in which one or the other predominate.  Just curious (and wondering if we'll ever get some gender variety in our household!).
Two.
g,b,b,g,g,b,g

I have friends and sil's with streaks of 5 and 6.
I had 4 girls, boy, girl, boy, girl, and now will have yet another girl.  God is good, but He has a sense of humour!

Christina
2 for 2 on girls so far. I don't know that I will be blessed with any more my wife is 37 and women in her family tend to enter menopause early so it becomes less likely every year (though certainly not impossible).

I'm betting it has to do with your preferred timing.  I have read that if the act that leads to conception occurs a few days before ovulation occurs, you're much more likely to have a girl, and if the act occurs on the day ovulation occurs, you're likely to have a boy.  Something about male sperm being faster and stronger, but dying off quicker, and female sperm moving slowly but having a longer life.

This difference in male/female sperm physiology then comes into play based on how women feel when they ovulate.  Some women feel yukky and bloated when they ovulate, and others feel more "frisky" when they ovulate.  That might have something to do with the long streaks.

My fiance's mother had 5 boys in a row!  And my maternal Grandmother (RIP) had way more girls than boys... g,g,g,b,g,g,b,g
We need Marylou's input on this one. ;)
Deidre Wrote:We need Marylou's input on this one. ;)

:laughing:
b,b,b,b,b,b,b,g,b,g
I'm the first b ;)
miss_fluffy Wrote:I'm betting it has to do with your preferred timing.  I have read that if the act that leads to conception occurs a few days before ovulation occurs, you're much more likely to have a girl, and if the act occurs on the day ovulation occurs, you're likely to have a boy.  Something about male sperm being faster and stronger, but dying off quicker, and female sperm moving slowly but having a longer life.

This difference in male/female sperm physiology then comes into play based on how women feel when they ovulate.  Some women feel yukky and bloated when they ovulate, and others feel more "frisky" when they ovulate.  That might have something to do with the long streaks.

My fiance's mother had 5 boys in a row!  And my maternal Grandmother (RIP) had way more girls than boys... g,g,g,b,g,g,b,g

Yeah, I've heard of that too, a la Dr. Shettles.  Makes sense.  I also heard though that the chemistry of woman's body makes a difference too - if a woman's 'environment' is more acidic, the sturdy girl sperm are theoretically more likely to survive.  I think these are just theories though - it would be interesting to see if medical studies actually bear this out.  Course it'd be kind of tough to monitor ovulation and time intercourse just right to measure the outcomes, but I digress...
Marty Wrote:
Deidre Wrote:We need Marylou's input on this one. ;)

:laughing:
b,b,b,b,b,b,b,g,b,g
I'm the first b ;)

Oh my!
introibo Wrote:God is good, but He has a sense of humour!

Christina

He sure does! Mine are b, 3g, b, then a 7 year sabbatical, the 3 more boys.

Obviously, I need the experience of watching the little guys lick their elbows for my salvation.
S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.