Guinness Fading
I had to go to Indy this week to learn a new database system for work. Got a speeding ticket on the way. Checked into the Hampton, walked next door to a decent place, then ordered a steak and a Guinness. Had two. :)

Not two steaks. ;)
S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
Quote:What a great memory. Now the schools have the nerve to send home "Zero Tolerance" pledges for the parents to sign governing their own homes.

Seriously? What audacity! Good thing I'm planning to move abroad.

And yes, thanks, it IS a great memory. It's one of the earliest "bonding" experiences with my dad I can think of. It was the first time I really felt like a man. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
They ARE selling St. James's Gate in Dublin and moving out.  Is that crummy?  Tells you about this place today.  Dublin without the Guinness brewery.  Sacrilege![Image: shamrock.gif][Image: beer.gif][Image: bomb.gif]
Wow, resorting to American beers when you have the plethora of good English beers to choose from.  Sad.

Sounds like Ireland is really falling off...stop going to Mass, stop drinking Guinness...what's next?

StephenF Wrote:They ARE selling St. James's Gate in Dublin and moving out.  Is that crummy?  Tells you about this place today.  Dublin without the Guinness brewery.  Sacrilege![Image: shamrock.gif][Image: beer.gif][Image: bomb.gif]

How could St. Malachy have missed this sign of the End Times????
DaveC Wrote:Sounds like Ireland is really falling off...stop going to Mass, stop drinking Guinness...what's next?
A muezzin calling everyone to the mosque for daily prayers? 
Ouch!

I have an amusing memory from Ireland this summer... a kind lady at the pub where we went to listen to Irish music on our last night insisted on buying Lu and me a Guinness... because "It'll keep you beautiful," she laughed. I have to admit I liked it... certainly better than the Bud I've tasted... which of course isn't much, since over here I'm underage :)
I recently had a Guinness extra stout for the first time.  It tasted like I drank a cigarette.
I enjoy a pint of the black stuff as much as the next man.  However, since I've started expanding my beer diversity I've discovered Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 

The way I figure it: The Pope is German, Paulaner Beer is German, therefore, "Cheers!"
Yuengling Draft,double header of Jameson,Parodi cigar at the end of the shift.All I ever needed.Tried Guiness,thought I was drinking cold coffee[Image: beer2.gif]