Docs refuse to fix smokers broken ankle
Smoking is not a vice. Even Saint Pius X said so. Sure if you have too much, but in moderation there is nothing wrong with it.
I was under the impression that the Hippocratic Oath (unless that is no longer in effect) stated that doctors HAD to cure the sick. Not 100% sure though.
Drinking and Smoking
An excellent sermon by Fr. Ripperger FSSP, it has already been posted, but I thought it could do with another airing. [Image: wink.gif]
as regards the Hippocratic oath, doctors in the oath were not to give a pessary to women, ie. to assist in aborting a child. Guess that has disappeared as well from the oath!!! 
                        God Bless.
Kal Wrote:Smoking is not a vice. Even Saint Pius X said so. Sure if you have too much, but in moderation there is nothing wrong with it.
Really? Well, when St. Pius X was alive, the volumes of medical evidence that we have now that proves how addictive and destructive that tobacco is didn't exist.
The stautes of the Society of Saint Pius X do not allow its seminarians, priests, brothers or nuns to smoke. An SSPX brother that I know said that their stautes refer to smoking as a sort of "bondage" that is unacceptable for people in the religious life. Absolutely right.

We can't go back and live in the past, nor should we try to. And a vice is a vice, regardless of what form it takes. The Traditional Mass is full of prayers asking God to rid us of them. I wonder if anybody ever reads them.