What's up with all those deleted users?
QuisUtDeus Wrote:Trads can be kind of touchy so a large number of bannings or self-deletions shouldn't be surprising.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :laughing:
S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
   Miss Fluffy!   What kind of shady motives?!?  Or pm me if it's not appropriate to say here!  (pardon my paranoia, lol)
miss_fluffy Wrote:If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a site that won't allow you to even delete yourself.  They are out there, and they usually have shady motives.

Most sites are like that, though. This forum seems pretty unique in allowing members to delet themselves.

Clare.
Hey, I can't edit my posts anymore! That "delet" should say "delete".

I notice there are now direct links to each posting now, too! Cool.

Edit: Yes I can edit! You've been moving things around! The edit button isn't where it used to be!
Gloria1 Wrote:   Miss Fluffy!   What kind of shady motives?!?  Or pm me if it's not appropriate to say here!  (pardon my paranoia, lol)
It's usually because they want to keep sending you emails to advertise their services etc.

I signed up for some "love" match sights a few years back, and all of them made it very difficult for me to opt out once I realized that internet dating was not for me.  Even catholicmatch.com made it difficult to delete my account, they had an option saying "de-activate", but it didn't get rid of it, left your profile there and everything except with the word "deactivated" on it.  At least they were better than some, they deleted my account when I wrote them an email.  Some sites would not, and I'd just have to go in there and edit my profile down to nothing in order to opt out completely.  Of course, some of them still send me advertising about who's looking at my profile etc, and it's been years and years.
Clare Wrote:Edit: Yes I can edit! You've been moving things around! The edit button isn't where it used to be!

websitetoolbox apparently updated the forum software last night.  I guess there's a bunch of new stuff for us to play with.

Hopefully, it all works. ;)
viking Wrote:Just wondering. Seems like half of the users are vaporized after a while.

I guess Our Lady, didn't open a window and dangle her Rosary so they could make it into the Kingdom.[Image: jestera.gif]

QuisUtDeus Wrote:websitetoolbox apparently updated the forum software last night.  I guess there's a bunch of new stuff for us to play with.

Hopefully, it all works. ;)

New toys are always cool. :D