Hello, New here
Not sure how to categorize myself here. I am skeptical but open to the restoration of the Latin Masses. I pray that good will come of it and people will be drawn closer to God becuase of it. You will probably not ever catch me with a veil on my head however unless I am getting married. Though i love many of the old hymns.

I am using the scrolls as my icon because I love scripture and it is a large part of my life.
&
makemeaspark Wrote:Not sure how to categorize myself here. I am skeptical but open to the restoration of the Latin Masses. I pray that good will come of it and people will be drawn closer to God becuase of it. You will probably not ever catch me with a veil on my head however unless I am getting married. Though i love many of the old hymns. I am using the scrolls as my icon because I love scripture and it is a large part of my life.

Welcome. If you love the Holy Bible you would also probably love the TLM
makemeaspark Wrote:Not sure how to categorize myself here. I am skeptical but open to the restoration of the Latin Masses. I pray that good will come of it and people will be drawn closer to God becuase of it. You will probably not ever catch me with a veil on my head however unless I am getting married. Though i love many of the old hymns.

I am using the scrolls as my icon because I love scripture and it is a large part of my life.

Welcome :hello!:

What do you think of 1 Corinthians 11?
I think that this is on the same level as "call no man on earth father". Or the Levitical injunction against tattoos. On a similar level the church no longer considers it mandatory that men are circumcised or they allow us to be cremated.
In reply to Viking

Thank you for the welcome Thank you both for the welcome.

Why do you, Mr. Viking for mentioning that i would appreciate the TLM since I like scripture? is there any more scripture in the traditional mass than the normal daily mass readings?

I read the readings every morning as part of my personal devotions, and do night prayers every night. I particularly love the psalms. I have 4 of them memorized completely and others are close, it is a life goal to memorize them all.

Welcome!
makemeaspark Wrote:I read the readings every morning as part of my personal devotions, and do night prayers every night. I particularly love the psalms. I have 4 of them memorized completely and others are close, it is a life goal to memorize them all.
Hey if you went into a traditional convent you'd surely memorize them but then you'd have to wear a head covering.
makemeaspark Wrote:I think that this is on the same level as "call no man on earth father". Or the Levitical injunction against tattoos. On a similar level the church no longer considers it mandatory that men are circumcised or they allow us to be cremated.
Hmm that's odd because St. Paul talks as if it because of human nature itself that women must cover their heads while praying for "every woman praying or prophesying with her head not covered, disgraceth her head: for it is all one as if she were shaven." Furthermore he speaks as of nature "For if a woman be not covered, let her be shorn. But if it be a shame to a woman to be shorn or made bald, let her cover her head. The man indeed ought not to cover his head, because he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman, but the woman of the man. For the man was not created for the woman, but the woman for the man. Therefore ought the woman to have a power over her head, because of the angels." Are you saying the Church can change these truths? That the woman is no longer the glory of the man? And the woman is no longer for the man?

Circumcision was a part of the Old Law which Christ abrogated with His New Law. I believe Cremation is only allowed in certain circumstances not univerally.
Is it not enough that I recognize men in authority over me? If my spirit is humble before God and I am yielded to God and The Vicar of Christ, and I acknowledge my submission to men on this earth. Is this not enough? Must there be an outward sign of an inward grace?

(note: I like it here already, we are starting right in with biblical debate-this is fun-thanks)

Welcome to the forum! :)

If you like, you can find more about the tradition of veils here on the website:

http://www.fisheaters.com/theveil.html

Thank you, I will endeavor to do so.