Poll: Favorite Brand of Cigarettes
I smoked Camel nonfilters for almost 40 years before I moved to Canada. Got here and as an 'import' they're even more expensive than Canadian cigarettes which run from $8.00-$12.00 a pack (of 25)! If I could afford them, I'd smoke John Player's Plain (nonfilter), but they're at the $12 end of the scale. So, on payday I buy a pack of Canadians (brand name!) at the $8.00 end and the rest of the time I use the "tube machine" and make my own with Canadian tobacco and John Player tubes. I just wish I could find a tube machine that would make nonfilters. They are so much faster and neater than a rolling machine.

Oh, and as if cigarette prices aren't bad enough, don't get me started on the price of beer!
jovan66102 Wrote:I smoked Camel nonfilters for almost 40 years before I moved to Canada. Got here and as an 'import' they're even more expensive than Canadian cigarettes which run from $8.00-$12.00 a pack (of 25)! If I could afford them, I'd smoke John Player's Plain (nonfilter), but they're at the $12 end of the scale. So, on payday I buy a pack of Canadians (brand name!) at the $8.00 end and the rest of the time I use the "tube machine" and make my own with Canadian tobacco and John Player tubes. I just wish I could find a tube machine that would make nonfilters. They are so much faster and neater than a rolling machine.

Oh, and as if cigarette prices aren't bad enough, don't get me started on the price of beer!
Beer is too expensive everywhere. It should be free.
I used to smoke 3 packs a day of Marlboro reds, and left cigarettes cold turkey at midnight of Ash Wednesday 7 years ago.

Since then, I learned just how exquisite an occasional expensive cigar can truly be; something I would have never believed before I gave up cigarettes. 
But I'm no cigar snob, either.  If it weren't for $3 cigars and Keystone Light, I'm not sure my lawn would ever get mowed.
fridayer Wrote:
jovan66102 Wrote:I smoked Camel nonfilters for almost 40 years before I moved to Canada. Got here and as an 'import' they're even more expensive than Canadian cigarettes which run from $8.00-$12.00 a pack (of 25)! If I could afford them, I'd smoke John Player's Plain (nonfilter), but they're at the $12 end of the scale. So, on payday I buy a pack of Canadians (brand name!) at the $8.00 end and the rest of the time I use the "tube machine" and make my own with Canadian tobacco and John Player tubes. I just wish I could find a tube machine that would make nonfilters. They are so much faster and neater than a rolling machine.

Beer is too expensive everywhere. It should be free.
 There speaks a man after my own heart! Be thankful you're Canadian. In the States you're too young to drink. Oh, and I love Nutella as well.
I would walk a mile for a camel
gjwalberg Wrote:I used to smoke 3 packs a day of Marlboro reds, and left cigarettes cold turkey at midnight of Ash Wednesday 7 years ago.
Uh...Holy moly. You must have felt horrible. Reds are THICK and, like most commercial cigarettes, packed with chemicals and more. As much as I like the occasional Red, three packs a day, inhaled, is unimaginable. No wonder you felt you had to quit!
Camel Lights.  I've tried others (Marlboro Lights, Natural American Spirit) but it feels like I'm inhaling mere oxygen...I need to feel the "burn" in my lungs.  I'm thinking about switching from cigarettes to tobacco pipes though. 

Anyone here like hookah?

I've never smoked anything; but my dad smokes a pipe. It's more bearable, to me, than cigarettes -- they make me choke!
Camel Turkish Silver's are pretty good, I smoke them on occassion.
Atomagenesis Wrote:Camel Turkish Silver's are pretty good, I smoke them on occassion.
I tried Turkish Silver once and didn't like it. But I LOVE Turkish Gold. 

Cigarette smoking is a nasty habit I picked up in the Marines...I want to switch to pipe-smoking soon, which to me seems more sophisticated and classy (lol).  I'm afraid cigarettes make me look trashy and won't help me attract a Trad future wife.