Newbie from Grand Rapids
Greetings, all!

I'm new to this forum and am not sure how to start.  If anyone has any ideas, or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

I was introduced to the Catholic faith nearly two years ago and have been drawn towards her for slightly over a year.  I'm not really sure what all to say here, other than to ask if anyone knows of a good congregation in the Grand Rapids area?  Thanks!

I used to be a member of Sacred Heart of Jesus, on the west side of town between Garfield and Valley, just east of the John Ball Park Zoo:

http://www.parishesonline.com/scripts/HostedSites/Org.asp?ID=2965

It's a beautiful old church, one that was for the most part spared the "renovations" of the post-Vatican II era.  The pastor is Fr. Ed Hankiewicz, just as solid a man as you can find.  :)  There is a Latin Mass every Sunday at 12:30, celebrated by Fr. Dennis Morrow; it was the indult Mass back before the motu proprio

If you're looking for a sturdy, relatively orthodox Novus Ordo parish, I'd recommend St. Isidore the Farmer, located on Diamond Avenue:

http://www.parishesonline.com/scripts/HostedSites/Org.asp?ID=18261

The pastor there is Fr. Don Lomasiewicz, another good solid man.  He does not brook any liturgical abuse, although the the music is the usual Gather and Praise drivel.  The church sits on top of a hill, by the way, and you'll have quite a hike uphill to get to it, so bear that in mind if you have a heart condition.  :)  It's also one that was spared the "renovations" of Vatican II; the Stations of the Cross are all hand-carved and are all in Polish.  :)  Across the street from the church is the Angelus Bookstore, probably the very best Catholic boosktore in Grand Rapids.  The lady who owns it is Mary Seabolt, who is a very sweet lady; I worked for her for a few months once at one of her outlying stores.

Other parishes in Grand Rapids can be found here:

http://www.parishesonline.com/scripts/HostedSites/Org.asp?ID=21063

I can't tell you too much about any of the others---it's been ten years or better since I lived in Grand Rapids. 
Either one of these parishes have people who can point you in the right direction to inquire more about the Catholic Faith---check with the priest after Mass or call and make an appointment. 

Anyway, good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Welcome! :)
Welcome, SI! Which St. Isidore is that btw?

p.s. I highly suggest St. Margaret Mary's in Allendale at 11352 Brown Street, their phone # is 616-895-5890 and their Mass schedule is Sunday 8:30am, Saturday 6:00pm, First Friday 7:00pm, First Saturday 8:30am.
[Image: tiphat2.gif]  Howdy.
I second the suggestion of St. Margaret Mary at 11352 Brown St.  Allendale Phone: 616-895-5890.

God Bless,
Bruno
Thank you for the recommendations, I'll be sure to check them out.  I already visited that bookstore which was mentioned and it was very nice!  Oh, and my name is from Saint Isidore the Farmer.  I suppose you could say I have a bit of agrarian in me.  Looking forward to figuring this thing out and posting from time to time.