What is the Churches postition on marijuana?
I believe that it is a mortal sin. Stay away from the evil drug. Here is a good link:

Smoking pot

An avid ex-pot-head

Sonoman Wrote:the brain plaque

Nothing a good brushing or picking wouldn't take care of.
Not just no on marijuana

But also No on the following -

No to patchouli

No to Brikenstocks

No to tie-die

Catholicdad Wrote:
Sonoman Wrote:the brain plaque

Nothing a good brushing or picking wouldn't take care of.

Don't let the New York Times find out that you're engaging in domesting brainwashing or you'll be before Nanci Pelosi in no time.
For me the answer is fundimental: If the thing that you are doing gets in the way with your ability to worship God, it is not a good thing.

I felt a kind of hinderence an wall, if you will, between me and the true spiritual state while at prayer and under the influence of THC.  I avoid it for that reason, just as I do while under the influence of alcohol.

JMHO

Zedta

[Image: comp.gif]
I really think the kind of marijuana they grow today is a much bigger problem than the marijuana the hippies had in yesteryear.  It is concentrated, highly potent stuff... bred specifically to have very high levels of THC, the intoxicating agent.

What was at one time just a mild side effect from smoking a plant used to make rope and cloth, has become an industry entirely based on getting high.  It is a concentrated concoction, specifically manufactured and altered to turn people into mindless drones who will continue to shell out huge portions of their paycheck for the stuff.  Not to mention kill for it, as the violence in Mexico in recent years is all about drug traffiking.

I hate pot.
rnw1964 Wrote:No to Brikenstocks
Hey...Hey. Take it easy.
Watching an hour of TV is likely more harmful than smoking marijuana.

When you try to define what a drug is...alot of things become drugs.  Actually, almost everything becomes a drug.  What is the Church's teaching on chocolate?

miss_fluffy Wrote:I hate pot.
What about Mary Jane?[Image: rofl.gif][Image: rofl.gif]
DaveC Wrote:Watching an hour of TV is likely more harmful than smoking marijuana.

When you try to define what a drug is...alot of things become drugs. Actually, almost everything becomes a drug. What is the Church's teaching on chocolate?
Just a note... in the Bible witchcraft and drugs such as marijuana are synonmous...