The Catholic Diet
Sophia Wrote:

Oh dear, I may never stop posting on this one:

Here is something I actually have cooking for dinner right now:

[Image: Dolmas.jpg]

Dolmas! They are grape leaves stuffed traditionally with lamb and rice (or bulgur wheat), but mine have beef tonight. Seasoned with onion, parsley, tomato suace, salt, pepper, mint, and (have I forgotton anything?) lots of lemon juice!

Bon Appetite![Image: gimmefood.gif]

Oh, man!  Those things are SO good!  Can I eat at your place tonight?
Fettuccine Alfredo is the salt of the earth!

[Image: 436.jpg]

Tiramisu....YUM

[Image: tiramisu.jpg]
Pierogi!  BLUEBERRY pierogi!  And stuffed cabbage, AKA golabki.  Bacon and onion pizza.  Hungarian goulash with lots of noodles and sour cream. All washed down with a good ale/beer/wine/.

I really wish I could make Chinese food like they serve in the restaurants.  I come close, but just can't get that same taste.

I also wish heart disease didn't gallop in my family!

Christina
introibo Wrote:Pierogi!  BLUEBERRY pierogi!  And stuffed cabbage, AKA golabki.  Bacon and onion pizza.  Hungarian goulash with lots of noodles and sour cream. All washed down with a good ale/beer/wine/.

I really wish I could make Chinese food like they serve in the restaurants.  I come close, but just can't get that same taste.

I also wish heart disease didn't gallop in my family!

Christina

Is that goulasz made with 5 pounds of butter by a real authentic Hungarian in a metal cauldron? I'm just kidding but I wonder how that tastes like! I have only had goulasz made on a stove but on lots of butter!
I also like pyzy but only from a small restaurant on the Silnica in Kielce, my place of residence in Poland. [Image: pyzy.jpg]

I also like burek, a southern european food.
[Image: burek1.jpg]
And baklava the 8th Sacrament! According to the Melkites.
[Image: baklava.jpg]
These are excellent additions!

Now, we need some olive oil!

[Image: oo-26.jpg][Image: oo-14.jpg]
[Image: ca-15.jpg]    

And we need something to make sauces.
JLeigh Wrote:Fettuccine Alfredo is the salt of the earth!

[Image: 436.jpg]

I have to be in full agreement!
Sophia Wrote:Oh dear, I may never stop posting on this one:
Here is something I actually have cooking for dinner right now:

[Image: Dolmas.jpg]
Dolmas!  They are grape leaves stuffed traditionally with lamb and rice (or bulgur wheat), but mine have beef tonight.  Seasoned with onion, parsley, tomato suace, salt, pepper, mint, and (have I forgotton anything?) lots of lemon juice!
Bon Appetite![Image: gimmefood.gif]

Dolmas are also the key to Catholic European living!
KyrieEleison Wrote:[Image: ptasieczek.gif]

These look great!

On an aside, let me say that the Polish people are fantastic. When I was on a trip to Passaic, NJ, a friend of mine introduced me to his friends from Poland. They asked me where I was from and I responded Spain. When they heard this, immediately someone yelled out "Get this man beer" in broken English. They were so warm and welcoming that I never forgot. We spent the entire evening discussing 'futbol' and great legends like Johann Cruyff.

It is sometimes so funny because the Irish and the Polish really belong in Southern Europe (in character I mean).
...and brushetta!

[Image: bruschetta.jpg]

Must be made with fresh garden tomatoes and basil, as well as a hearty sourdough.

BTW...the dolmas were delish.  I'll be sure to invite all of you next time.