The Catholic Diet
Now, let's say you're in the mood for something quick.  Fast food, perhaps?  For that you need a Chipotle gourmet burrito:

[Image: humanity.jpg]

Let me make a couple of comments on this thread:

1.  I now have a new appreciation for Photobucket.

2.  This thread is awesome, especially when taken in conjunction w/the Elitist Quiz.  Any other food and wine snobs here?

InquisitorGeneralis Wrote:2.  This thread is awesome, especially when taken in conjunction w/the Elitist Quiz.  Any other food and wine snobs here?

Historienne! Get your fancy palate on in here 'afore I beat ya!

(Historienne's special food interest du jour is Spanish cuisine, but it is she who turned me on to Thai and Indian. One meal each of those I've had and I've never been the same since. Seeing that Thai iced tea has made me jones. One time I've had it, and I am hooked. It's the crack of beverages.)
Quote:sfinge of St. Joseph's Day

Yes, sfinges...mom made those anytime she made pizza which was often, YUM!  Mom also spoke of her mother making Baccalà on Christmas Eve, and Italian sausage and olive salad with marinated artichoke hearts.  Kraut and pork roast on New Year's Eve for good luck. 

Homemade spaghetti sauce with hard boiled eggs in lieu of meatballs for those meatless Fridays.  It takes hours to make spaghetti sauce properly.

Quote: In honor of my Italian mother I'll add Baccalà.

Ah yes, good old bacalhau! The Portuguese are famous for it, and often get into trouble for fishing for it off the coast of Newfoundland. It is now in short supply.

http://www.portugaltravelguide.com/en/gast/bacalhau.htm

BACALHAU - 365 DIFFERENT RECIPES
Visitors to Portugal are often surprised by the popularity of the dried, salted codfish known as bacalhau.
It features prominently on every restaurant menu, and can often be seen hanging up in shop doorways. There is even a section dedicated to bacalhau in the supermarket.
But once you have tasted one of the 365 different recipes that the Portuguese say exist, then you’ll appreciate its popularity and understand why they traditionally serve it up as the main course during their Christmas feast.
Such dishes as Bacalhau à Braz, Bacalhau à Zé do Pipo and Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá can be found on most restaurant menus, so be sure to try one before leaving Portugal.

We also export tons of codfish to Portugal for bacalao.
Okay, I just need a cook now.  Too busy raising babies to go past peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches!
Hey all!

You are all forgetting some delicious Filipino food!

[Image: ChickenAdobo.jpg]

It's called ADOBO!

Also, I love curries!

[Image: panang.jpg]

This is a picture of something called "panang curry" that I get from the local Thai restaurant.  It's tasty.

Pinoy Monk

Tapas...:
[Image: a295900l.jpg]

...and Sherry:
[Image: 230201849.jpg]