The Global Warming Fraud
I have been studying this Global Warming issue for a number of years. I find that the world is indeed warming, just as it has, cyclically, for a number of "cycles" in the past and then cooled again. There was melting of the polar ice caps and climate changes with droughts in the 30's and then, in the 70's the "scientists" (most were as now, social scientists) saying that we need to change out carbon load and on and on... Laughing FoolBlah, blah, blah

Well, if man is responsible for global warming, then I guess man must be responsible for the warming of all the planets in our solar system. NASA has said that there are signs of "global warming" on every planet in our solar system where we have a probe in orbit. What a true master of the universe is man! We can influence the entire solar system too!! :huh?:

Well, here is a study by three Universities (climatology colleges Applause ) that supports the data indicating that Carbon Dioxide is not a pollutant but a necessary gas and that it is the sun that is the culprit here (and on the other planets it would seem) and then, I guess, the others are just using the global warming banner for social change...what a surprise!!? Hmmm...

Here's the article and a link:

Study says humans not heating up the planet
Jim Brown
OneNewsNow.com
December 11, 2007

[Image: glacier.jpg] A new peer-reviewed study disputes the claim of former Vice President Al Gore and other green activists that global warming is caused by human activity and constitutes a "planetary emergency."
27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>(Hear this Report at site)

The study -- conducted by climate scientists at the University of Rochester, the University of Alabama, and the University of Virginia -- finds that atmospheric warming patterns, or "fingerprints," over the last 30 years are not caused by greenhouse gas emissions. The report is published in the December issue of the International Journal of Climatology. Results from the study greatly contradict the findings of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
Dr. S. Fred Singer, professor emeritus of environmental science at the University of Virginia -- and president of the Science and Environmental Policy Project -- says he is "fairly" sure that the current warming trend is due to changes in the activities of the sun. "The sun is constantly active, emitting particle streams that carry magnetic fields; and they in turn have an influence on the climate of the earth," he says.
Singer says he and other global warming skeptics have grown accustomed to claims that they are beholden to the oil and gas industry. "Of course that's not only untrue, but it's completely immaterial," says Singer. "In other words, we are using the data that is furnished by the IPCC. They are published, we use only published work. What we are basically doing is to make a comparison of model results and observations."
The report concludes that carbon dioxide is not a pollutant and therefore "attempts to control CO2 emissions are ineffective and pointless -- but very costly."

Link to the site and article:

http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/12/study_...eating.php

What do y'all think? Shrug  Zedta Keyboard Warrior
I think humans need something to fear.  There is always someone who'll exploit that fear for material or political gain.  For those old enough to remember the 80s it was all about nuclear war back then.  That threat still exists but we hear very little about it.

I'll bet that what gets us in the end has nothing to do with global warming.

It's simply a good way to keep people off balance and concerned about something other than how corrupt and dishonest the politicians are.

Zedta Wrote:Well, here is a study by three Universities (climatology colleges Applause ) that supports the data indicating that Carbon Dioxide is not a pollutant but a necessary gas and that it is the sun that is the culprit here (and on the other planets it would seem) and then, I guess, the others are just using the global warming banner for social change...what a surprise!!? Hmmm...
Shocking.  [Image: eek.gif] Should the generality of scientists choose to eventually acknowledge this, and that is a very big if, the propaganda machine will find another engine for social change. I remember in the 60s it was, inter alia, the "population explosion."  Heck, what a great excuse for ignoring the proper consequences of one's actions that was!
Just a few years ago it was Ice age over due.
ggreg Wrote:I'll bet that what gets us in the end has nothing to do with global warming.

I was taking astronomy at college this semester and we were looking at how low-mass stars, when they get older, begin to expand and eventually become red giants. Our sun is such a star, and as a red giant will be big enough to touch the earth's current orbit (which will have expanded by then, but the sun will be hot enough still to roast everything on earth and evaporate the oceans. Ouch.)

... Well, I do hear the world will end in fire.
Somehow I suspect that the Second Coming will have happened before the Sun expands but who knows.  We're talking at least another billion years right?
Isn't interesting that Dr. S. Fred Singer has also within his competence the ability to make qualitative arguments on the cancer hazards related with second hand smoke.

Quote:...
This report has been widely used by the tobacco industry in its quest to dismiss the hazards of environmental tobacco smoke. And although no direct financial link has been established, several members of the report’s academic advisory board have been involved with different tobacco companies’ activities. The report’s principal reviewer, Dr Fred Singer, was involved with the International Center for a Scientific Ecology, a group that was considered important in Philip Morris’ plans to create a group in Europe similar to The Advancement for Sound Science Coalition (TASSC), as discussed by Ong and Glantz. He was also on a tobacco industry list of people who could write op-ed pieces on “junk science,” defending the industry’s views.
Link to source of quote above

The hole in the climate change facade is growing larger. Here is this from Earth Changes TV newsletter:

A growing group of scientists from many countries including the United States have published their views in The International Journal of Climatology of almost bewilderment of what they heard and witnessed at the Bali IPCC conference.

One of the authors, David Douglas, a climate expert from the University of Rochester, in New York states: "The observed pattern of warming, comparing surface and atmospheric temperature trends, doesn't show the characteristic fingerprint associated with greenhouse warming. The inescapable conclusion is that human contribution is not significant and that observed increases in carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases make only a negligible contribution to climate warming."

According to co-author John Christi from the University of Alabama, "satellite data and independent balloon data agree that the atmospheric warming trends do not exceed those of the surface," while greenhouse models "demand that atmospheric trend values be two to three times greater."

Climatologist Fred Singer at the University of Virginia and another co-author stated: "the current warming trend is simply part of a natural cycle of climate warming and cooling that has been seen in ice cores, deep sea sediments, and stalagmites." Hmm, where have I heard this before? "Global Warming: A Convenient Disguise": "There will be warming trends and cooling trends. It is simply the cycle of life and the universe. Always has been - always will be." (Mitch Battros)

Reporter David Deming of the Washington Post covered the Bali conference. What he has to say does not fare well with Gore's global warming army. "Al Gore says global warming is a planetary emergency". It is difficult to see how this can be so when record low temperatures are being set all over the world. In 2007, hundreds of people died, not from global warming, but from cold weather hazards. "Global warming has long since passed from scientific hypothesis to the realm of pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo."

Since the mid-19th century, the mean global temperature has increased by 0.7 degrees Celsius. This slight warming is not unusual, and lies well within the range of natural variation. Carbon dioxide continues to build in the atmosphere, but the mean planetary temperature hasn't increased significantly for nearly nine years. Antarctica is getting colder. Neither the intensity nor the frequency of hurricanes has increased. The 2007 season was the third- quietest since 1966. In 2006 not a single hurricane made landfall in the U.S.

Zedta

[Image: comp.gif]

Ya Vandaler,

I have often wondered about that "second-hand smoke" smoke screen. If all it is true, then people of my generation, Boomers, should be dropping like flies. We used to be around second-hand ALL THE TIME. I mean, there were ash trays in every home, in every room even in the hospitals. I remember doctors, on their way to see a patient, asking for a cigarette. Our parents ALL smoked and in the home in the cars and buses...EVERYWHERE!!

So...how come only this generation is having all these problems?

Because we ain't following the money here. Who benefits? [Image: stoogesmiley.gif]

LAWYERS DO...as usual.[Image: shrug.gif]

Don't get me started. I guess they perform a certain benefit to society, but if we didn't have them, we wouldn't need them. They write all the laws and then of course, they are needed to interpret them. :[Image: huh.gif]

Zedta

[Image: comp.gif]
People may believe the global warming hoax all they want, but I say stop when they try to raise taxes. And that is exactly what they do.