How do you talk with women?
I've find that myself and so many young men I know don't talk with women. Honestly where are all the 20-something women too? It seems like I won't be able to find a wife even if and when I am ready.
Catholicmilkman Wrote:I've find that myself and so many young men I know don't talk with women. Honestly where are all the 20-something women too? It seems like I won't be able to find a wife even if and when I am ready.

I suppose you should go out more. statistically, there are enough women to go around... and you talk to us, like you talk to any human being: politely, friendly... be nice and fun, and you´ll have no trouble finding a girl, I bet.
Oh - and practise makes you more proficient in everything, so my suggestion is: practise a lot, and just start chatting without thinking much about any future wife - you´ll know in time, if that is on the menu with that person, no need to rush, you´ll only scare her (of course, you shouldn´t get obnoxious! When you realise, a woman isn´t interested in talking to you, go away... )

Oh, here´s another practical advice: try to find women you can talk to at venues you find interesting - gives you greater chances of finding someone with similar interests, and gives you two something to talk about immediately..
There is definitely more of a problem in the introverted Anglo Saxon world than the formerly Catholic Latin world like France, Spain or Latin America. Men are more fearful of rejection in Anglo-Saxon cultures and more approaches are spurned in my opinion.

What I used to do is approach a girl after Church and tell her that I'd been given a couple of tickets for a play, classical concert, sporting event, etc and ask her if she'd like to come along. Pick something you know she'd like.

If she said yes, then I'd buy the tickets. If she thinks you've got the tickets accidentally it feels like less of a date and more of an opportunity to see a concert or other event. It works. You should double check that you can get the tickets before asking though (of course). The bonus is that if you don't get along and don't want to ask her on another date then nobody feels rejected or let down because after all it was just a one off opportunity to use some tickets which would have otherwise gone to waste.

Pilgrimages are also a good way to meet Catholics.
Ask her lots of questions.  Any chance you get to talk to a woman you like, think of it as an opportunity to find out more about her rather than an opportunity to talk about yourself.  Girls love that ;)
Catholicmilkman Wrote:I've find that myself and so many young men I know don't talk with women. Honestly where are all the 20-something women too? It seems like I won't be able to find a wife even if and when I am ready.

It probably doesn't help when people like us spend all day arguing Catholic economics over the internet.
miss_fluffy Wrote:Ask her lots of questions.  Any chance you get to talk to a woman you like, think of it as an opportunity to find out more about her rather than an opportunity to talk about yourself.  Girls love that ;)

EXCELLENT advice there!!
TheTalentedMisterReid Wrote:
Catholicmilkman Wrote:I've find that myself and so many young men I know don't talk with women. Honestly where are all the 20-something women too? It seems like I won't be able to find a wife even if and when I am ready.

It probably doesn't help when people like us spend all day arguing Catholic economics over the internet.

Touche, I'm afraid. [Image: duel.gif]
The easiest way to talk to women, by far, is to become a rock star.

One day, my symphonic power metal band, Divine Right (pretty sweet name, huh? Don't steal it!), will hit the top, make millions, and I won't have to worry about this anymore. All I have to do in the mean time is learn how to play the guitar and write songs. Thankfully, I just got the game "Guitar Hero III", so I'll be learning the guitar and bringing in the big bucks in no time. [Image: jestera.gif]