How do you talk with women?
Archbishop_10K Wrote:The easiest way to talk to women, by far, is to become a rock star.

One day, my symphonic power metal band, Divine Right (pretty sweet name, huh? Don't steal it!), will hit the top, make millions, and I won't have to worry about this anymore. All I have to do in the mean time is learn how to play the guitar and write songs. Thankfully, I just got the game "Guitar Hero III", so I'll be learning the guitar and bringing in the big bucks in no time. [Image: jestera.gif]

I see your plan is both realistic and easy to achieve. [Image: nonsumdignus.gif]
Catholicmilkman Wrote:I've find that myself and so many young men I know don't talk with women. Honestly where are all the 20-something women too? It seems like I won't be able to find a wife even if and when I am ready.

It's easy, just talk to them the same way you'd talk to anybody else. Do you have sisters? Do your friends have sisters? Female cousins?
Its really rather easy.

First walk up to them smile and be friendly, just say "hi how are you?" or something like that and go from there.

This is just basic politeness, you should do this all the time and to everyone.
"Hi,my name is (N) and you look like someone I thought I would like to meet" Extending hand for a polite handshake. And just let it go from there.
Quote:Do you have sisters? Do your friends have sisters? Female cousins?

Haha. Good point.

But still by far probably this is most effective (though not always feasible):

Quote: The easiest way to talk to women, by far, is to become a rock star.
One day, my symphonic power metal band, Divine Right (pretty sweet name, huh? Don't steal it!), will hit the top, make millions, and I won't have to worry about this anymore. All I have to do in the mean time is learn how to play the guitar and write songs. Thankfully, I just got the game "Guitar Hero III", so I'll be learning the guitar and bringing in the big bucks in no time. 

Quote:  First walk up to them smile and be friendly, just say "hi how are you?" or something like that and go from there.

In my case, though (and I guess people like me) that takes lots of guts,
but yeah, I did exactly that once (yah, only once though) and it worked.
But considering I have a female cousin as my best friend, I don't find it
hard to speak with girls once they become my friends; but
I just really quite suck at introductions.[Image: afraidsmiley.gif]
Ah but you see that is why you do it with everyone not just the pretty ones, apart from it been a polite and friendly thing to do which are two things which are sadly lacking in our society it becomes second nature, you don't even think about it anymore, they are just a person like you, if someone came up to you smiling and asked how you are how would you react? most likely you would be quite pleased, so would most other people so get out there and start spreading some joy.

You can even get paid for doing this kind of thing, go and get a job as a greeter in some store and all you do for days is smile and ask people how they are.

Quote:Few men are born brave; many become so through training and force of discipline. Vegetius

Quote:You can even get paid for doing this kind of thing, go and get a job as a greeter in some store and all you do for days is smile and ask people how they are.

Yah, I quite feel guilty (and I guess I should) every time a security guard
greets me (going in stores etc) and I fail to "greet back."
But with sincerity always in mind (and heart),
in time, common courtesy becomes a habit as a virtue of Christian charity.[Image: eric.gif]
CMKMN

Ok. I'm going to take this thread seriously.

I assume you want to talk to girls because you want to date them and not hopefully because you have some sort of phobia about talking to any woman.

1. Don't be creepy.

The first thing my women friends tell me is that when most men trying to strike up a conversation they are creepy.

2. Don't be lame.

Don't use lame lines like, "Is Heaven missing an angel." or "Hey, You look like someone I'd like to talk to." Women can smell lameness.

Don't confuse lame with cute or funny. What's the difference? If you look like Brad Pitt, lameness becomes cute and funny. If you're not Brad - it's lame.

3. Smile.

Smile but don't be creepy. How do know if your smile is creepy? Easy. Go up to some girl and smile. If she smiles back - Good. If you looks away or worse runs away - Creepy. If creepy - Practice.

4. Start easy.

Just because she talks to you at Starbucks, doesn't mean she wants to be the mother of your children.

5. Be yourself.

If you a dork. Fine. Just don't act like someone you're not. Girls know fake.

Finally if all else fail.

Just think.... What would Zack Morris do?
Quote:What I used to do is approach a girl after Church and tell her that I'd been given a couple of tickets for a play, classical concert, sporting event, etc and ask her if she'd like to come along. Pick something you know she'd like.

If she said yes, then I'd buy the tickets. If she thinks you've got the tickets accidentally it feels like less of a date and more of an opportunity to see a concert or other event. It works. You should double check that you can get the tickets before asking though (of course). The bonus is that if you don't get along and don't want to ask her on another date then nobody feels rejected or let down because after all it was just a one off opportunity to use some tickets which would have otherwise gone to waste.
Okay ggreg, this cracks me up because a man once used exactly the same approach on me and I completely believed him. We went to a classical concert together. Now I'm wondering whether his dad really did give him those tickets or whether he was telling me the same story you used! Either way, it worked and we ended up dating a while.

Boy, I'm learning a lot on this men's forum. [Image: laff.gif]
I dont think its dorky to be honest. If I was single and wanted to meet a girl I saw,I would walk up, offer a polite handshake,and say,"Hi my names (N) and I would like to meet you" As you shake hands,hold her hand for a while and look into her eyes to let her know you are interested. No games.