The Lost Art of Catholic Drinking
http://insidecatholic.com/Joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=968&Itemid=48#vote

Thank you very much for posting this! I have a friend who's a NO Catholic who thinks that alcohol is of the devil and won't let the stuff past his lips. When we go out and I get a beer, he seems to think that I'm automatically a drunkard simply because I enjoy a good brewsky. I'll show him this article the next time I'm talking to him. Perhaps at least he'll understand my approach toward alcohol (and that I'm not out to get wasted like most of my peers).

Chimay FTW!

DJMitch Wrote:http://insidecatholic.com/Joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=968&Itemid=48#vote

I enjoyed that one!
Yes, balance, it's all about balance and enjoyment. And of course, just as Catholic, giving it up for Lent  ([Image: sad.gif]). So much harder than chocolate!!!
Or a picture is worth a thousand words....

[img]file:///C:/Users/Trevor/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/Trevor/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/Trevor/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/img][Image: beer2.jpg]

lefebvre_fan Wrote:Thank you very much for posting this! I have a friend who's a NO Catholic who thinks that alcohol is of the devil and won't let the stuff past his lips. When we go out and I get a beer, he seems to think that I'm automatically a drunkard simply because I enjoy a good brewsky. I'll show him this article the next time I'm talking to him. Perhaps at least he'll understand my approach toward alcohol (and that I'm not out to get wasted like most of my peers).

Chimay FTW!

I've never been able to understand that thought process coming from catholics.  I like to point out that making alcohol is an art that Catholic religious really perfected in monasteries, etc. 
My husband loves Chimay.  He is a big supporter of buying monastic goods, especially beer. ;)
nicollette Wrote:
lefebvre_fan Wrote:Thank you very much for posting this! I have a friend who's a NO Catholic who thinks that alcohol is of the devil and won't let the stuff past his lips. When we go out and I get a beer, he seems to think that I'm automatically a drunkard simply because I enjoy a good brewsky. I'll show him this article the next time I'm talking to him. Perhaps at least he'll understand my approach toward alcohol (and that I'm not out to get wasted like most of my peers).

Chimay FTW!

I've never been able to understand that thought process coming from catholics.  I like to point out that making alcohol is an art that Catholic religious really perfected in monasteries, etc. 
My husband loves Chimay.  He is a big supporter of buying monastic goods, especially beer. ;)

So is mine, and he also really loves Chartreuse (which I think is absolutely rank, like drinking a meadow!)
The author says that Catholics enjoy moderation in drinking.

Hooey, I say.

Ladies and Gentlemen, consider Ireland.

Moderation?

IRELAND.

That is all.
gjwalberg Wrote:Moderation?

Didn't one of the popes decry moderation in one of their encyclicals?  Oh, my mistake- that was Modernism.
Wonderfully said. I am passing this on to many a friend.

Also, It is good to be back to Fisheaters after an 6 month hiatus!