Head Covering as a Bridesmaid in the N.O.?
I apologize for being rude.  If what you posted, Monica, truly reflects how you feel about the Mass, I am sure you will join me in encouraging any woman in the aforementioned situation to wear her mantilla at a Novus Ordo wedding.

It is very easy to behave traditionally at a Mass attended only by traditional Catholics.  How much more important it is for traditional Catholics to set an example at a Novus Ordo Mass.  Seeing courageous traditional Catholics at my Novus Ordo parish is what turned me toward the traditional Mass.  Do not keep your light under a bushel basket.  If one has knowledge of the Truth, he is obligated to spread the Truth.  That includes pressing the issue at Novus Ordo parishes.  I am trying to do this; are you?

How about an adorable fascinator?

[Image: normal_af308.jpg]

A few less feather thingies and you're good to go!

S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:How about an adorable fascinator?

I should email this picture to my sister and tell her I'm wearing it in her wedding.  That will get me out of this whole maid of honor thing real quick [Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif]
Anthem Wrote:I apologize for being rude. If what you posted, Monica, truly reflects how you feel about the Mass, I am sure you will join me in encouraging any woman in the aforementioned situation to wear her mantilla at a Novus Ordo wedding.

It is very easy to behave traditionally at a Mass attended only by traditional Catholics. How much more important it is for traditional Catholics to set an example at a Novus Ordo Mass. Seeing courageous traditional Catholics at my Novus Ordo parish is what turned me toward the traditional Mass. Do not keep your light under a bushel basket. If one has knowledge of the Truth, he is obligated to spread the Truth. That includes pressing the issue at Novus Ordo parishes. I am trying to do this; are you?

I would never be prideful enough to tell somebody else how to conduct herself with respect head covering because that's between her and God, and it is not my place and nor do I think it's yours.  As far as examples, the only one that I'm concerned with during Mass (or a wedding ceremony without a Mass that takes place in Church) is the example of Jesus Christ and how I might become more like Him. This, I'm afraid, absorbs me fully and I have neither the time nor the inclination to worry about acting as an example for others. I'm just a sinner praying for grace, and that's why I go to Mass.

In paraphrasing the Sermon on the Mount (light under bushel), you reminded me that Jesus also talks about judging others for the speck in their eyes while still having a log in one's own. Were I worried about what those around me were wearing or not wearing, judging them, I would not be clear of sin (pride?) and therefore unable to receive the Eucharist. All because I was shallow and silly enough to believe that I knew better about what another woman should wear on her head??? Come, now.

I also attend an N.O. church, if that matters.  You seem to feel called to be an agent of change for the cause of Tradition; perhaps that's what God has planned for you.  But please don't make the mistake of judging others for whom God has other plans, other vocations. 

If you imagine this with just the tulle, it is pretty much exactly what my sister wore as my MOH! She looked like something out of vogue (she was of course wearing a $350 dress so that helped).I was in love with her whole ensemble. It was gorgeous, modest, and extremely fashionable. She can wear the dress anywhere formal and look fabulous all over again!!
I just want to comment that I cover my head in the Presence of God for Him, not for my own sake, and certainly not for someone else's sake. The "feelings" of others whether it is a nuptial wedding, Adoration, whatever, matters not. God is what matters, period.  If someone's going to get mad at you for doing, or wanting to do, what you feel is right FOR GOD, then they have a much bigger problem.  This isn't scruples. This is devotion to God not man.

GASP

I love it.

edited to add: I wish I had cared about the details of my wedding (especially the dress/veil/bridesmaids.) I was just in such a mad dash to get it over with before the groom changed his mind.

:shrug:
[Image: laff.gif]

I love the hat too! Fascinating!... (bad pun, I know I know...)
Monica Wrote:I would never be prideful enough to tell somebody else how to conduct herself with respect head covering because that's between her and God, and it is not my place and nor do I think it's yours. 
Then you probably should not have posted a message at all on this thread.  You implicitly accuse me of being prideful, which I am sure I am.  But you say it is not one's right to judge.  So why do you do it?

Monica Wrote: As far as examples, the only one that I'm concerned with during Mass (or a wedding ceremony without a Mass that takes place in Church) is the example of Jesus Christ and how I might become more like Him. This, I'm afraid, absorbs me fully and I have neither the time nor the inclination to worry about acting as an example for others. I'm just a sinner praying for grace, and that's why I go to Mass.

Do you ever notice what other people are doing while you are at Mass?

Monica Wrote:In paraphrasing the Sermon on the Mount (light under bushel), you reminded me that Jesus also talks about judging others for the speck in their eyes while still having a log in one's own. Were I worried about what those around me were wearing or not wearing, judging them, I would not be clear of sin (pride?) and therefore unable to receive the Eucharist. All because I was shallow and silly enough to believe that I knew better about what another woman should wear on her head??? Come, now.

The woman who originally asked the question wanted advice.  I posted something in response.  So did you.  I know why I did.  Do you? 

Monica Wrote:I also attend an N.O. church, if that matters.  You seem to feel called to be an agent of change for the cause of Tradition; perhaps that's what God has planned for you.  But please don't make the mistake of judging others for whom God has other plans, other vocations.

I believe the circumstances of the individual matter very much when it comes to listening to what he might say.  I endeavor to listen with this in mind, though I do not know that I am always successful.  I am advocating the cause of traditionalism (if that is a fair term) within Novus Ordo parishes, because that is where the vast majority of Catholics worship.  It would be wrong to abandon them.
If I were you I would wear a hat and say nothing.