Easter Desserts?
I wanted to hear what everyone is making for their Easter Dessert this year. I still have not decided and Sunday is nearly here!
My mom used to make a lamb cake. I'm hoping that she makes one again this Easter. [Image: biggrin.gif]
Other than that, we just eat tons of candy (since our whole family gives up desserts for lent. After 40 days of no M&M's, they sure taste better. [Image: tongue.gif]
I gave up baking for Lent, so I may go a little crazy with the Easter desserts this year!  I haven't decided yet, but I always do one that I know my husband likes, such as:

creme brulee, grasshopper pie (his favorite dessert from childhood... and this one is good because it is very light after a big meal) or strawberry romanov

I also make a second dessert that is a bit more challenging for me (and usually richer is flavor).  I really like the recipes on www.williams-sonoma.com
I'm thinking of making one of these:

chocolate rum cheesecake
strawberry cake (listed as strawberry genoise)
lemon angel food cake

stix_nix_pix Wrote:My mom used to make a lamb cake. I'm hoping that she makes one again this Easter. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Oooh, with a little trail of chocolate-covered raisins!
The other day I saw hot cross buns with no crosses, so I "hmph"ed and kept walking. Don't know what we're gonna do about that.

I just this minute came back from the store where I found one of these groovy things http://www.shopbakersnook.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=2784
on sale for $3, so it looks like a bunny cake this year with fresh strawberry filling, covered in coconut. It might be pink because my daughter's going through one of those phases. They had a cross mold, but that just feels wrong to me. For friends we'll be making multicolored lamb cookies...pink, yellow, green, blue. In my house right now, it's all about what color the food is, not how it tastes. [Image: shrug.gif]

Peanut butter pie, cheesecake, jello/whipped cream pie and a cherry/cream cheese cake (not a cheese cake, more like a heavy pound cake).  And sugar cookies...husband has to have sugar cookies.

Christina

Lemon meringue pie.  Tastes great!
Baklava....yummmmm
People here make almond cakes in the figures of ducks, love hearts, lambs and human figures, with chocolate eggs in the centre, covered in icing! Delicious.
DarkKnight Wrote:
stix_nix_pix Wrote:My mom used to make a lamb cake. I'm hoping that she makes one again this Easter. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Oooh, with a little trail of chocolate-covered raisins!

LOL! That would be awesome.
....but...I can see my mom smacking me with a rolling pin is I added that. [Image: rollingpin.gif]