Absinthe is back (in the US)
...I'm a step ahead of you.
DarkKnight Wrote:I propose we name Absinthe the official drink of the 2008 Election! [Image: margarita.gif]

We're gonna need lots more.
actiofidei Wrote:We're gonna need lots more.

Four years and seven months worth by my count.[Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif][Image: margarita.gif]
It's been years since I've had a good cocktail.  I've always wanted to try "Suicide in the Afternoon" and was talking to a bartender friend of mine about absinthe.

Can't wait!

- Dad
If there are any non-Catholic lurkers here, I'll bet they're thinkin' that "Trad Catholics are a bunch of fools who only talk about alcohol".[Image: afraidsmiley.gif]But hey, the Jews called Jesus a drunkard as well, I believe.
Wherever you find four Catholics, you'll alwas find a Fifth![Image: laff.gif]
How else do you think we end up with all those kids?
jovan66102 Wrote:Wherever you find four Catholics, you'll alwas find a Fifth![Image: laff.gif]

Three things Catholics recognize that Baptists don't:

1.  The perpetual virginity of Mary.

2.  Papal infallibility.

3.  Each other at the State Liquor Store.

- Dad

P.S.  IMHO, this beat Et cum spirit 2-2-0 anyday.
I don't know if anyone on here enjoys Stephen Colbert, but I thought it was funny...
Hilarious Colbert Report!  :) 

I had occation to try absinthe for the first time recently and I have to say...   ewwwww.  I wasn't prepared for that taste at all.  I do actually enjoy good black licorice as a candy, but as a drink??  Yuck.  I have tried Uzo, and Yagerneister, and I don't particularly care for them either.  Maybe it was the color of the absinthe that threw me...  that soft green hue, cloudy from the ice water and disolved sugar...  it looks like it should taste like a mohito!

Anyway, no thanks, my first time will be my last time.  Give me a fine single-barrel bourbon anyday.