Hookahs
So I went to this hookah cafe with my friends after Mass, and they tried to introduce me to the wonders of the water pipe. I tried it a few times but didn't feel anything (I had more fun watching pop stars on the Arabic channel). Having never smoked anything before, though, I was surprised that I didn't feel irritated at all or any need to cough. I was wondering, therefore, if the hookah can be considered a cleaner alternative to cigarettes. Thoughts?
Archbishop_10K Wrote:I was wondering, therefore, if the hookah can be considered a cleaner alternative to cigarettes. Thoughts?

If you can stuff that contraption in your pocket! ... Myself I've been to one hookah bar, and that was the first and last. When I entered wearing my crucifix (as I always wear), I got some pretty unflattering looks from the Mohammedan owners. I realize not all hookah bars are ran moslems, but I'll pass.

Anywho ...

Tobacco in itself really isn't that great for you ... regardless, I would think just about every other tobacco product (pipes, certain cigars) is better than commercially made cigarettes as the level of additive crap they shove into those little things make natural tobacco look about as harmful as bubble-gum.

God bless,
JRS

Last time I smoked a water pipe, I didn't feel the need to cough either.  [Image: sneaky.gif]

God forgive me. (And, yes, I know he has.)

I doubt ingesting smoke, of whatever type, is ever healthy.  Just my opinion.

DrBombay Wrote:I doubt ingesting smoke, of whatever type, is ever healthy. Just my opinion.

Not just an opinion.... that's a fact. It's the reason I don't smoke, except for this particular instance. But, I figured that most FE's would have experience with the thing. At least, I've gotten the impression that most traditionalists are smokers, although I'm not sure why.
Just what are you boys smokin' in those water pipes? Do they have black-lights and posters on the wall? [Image: laff.gif]

I am not a smoker, this is one trad who cant stand smoke. [Image: shameonyou.gif]
Archbishop_10K Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:I doubt ingesting smoke, of whatever type, is ever healthy. Just my opinion.

Not just an opinion.... that's a fact. It's the reason I don't smoke, except for this particular instance. But, I figured that most FE's would have experience with the thing. At least, I've gotten the impression that most traditionalists are smokers, although I'm not sure why.
And gun owners.

And Mormon lovers.

And boozehounds.

And hat wearers.  ('Sup with that?)

"This is indeed a disturbing universe."
Not a mormon lover, nor a boozehound, nor a hat wearer. Guess I dont fit the sterotype.
CradleCatholic Wrote:Not a mormon lover, nor a boozehound, nor a hat wearer. Guess I dont fit the sterotype.

I forgot to mention. Super Bowl obsessed.

[Image: BeatDeadHorse.gif]
Gun owner and hat wearer indeed!

... but Mormon lover? Whatever gave you that idea, Doc? ... is it that damned FLDS thread?

God bless,
JRS

Actually I like baseball the best Doc. You were just runnin on so much about the Pats, I had to set you straight. Own any weapons, Doc? Dont say scalpel, that does not count.