Fluoride and fluoridation of water
Catholicmilkman Wrote:
Catholic777 Wrote:Grr...[Image: doh.gif]

Why must trads be conspiracy theorists!?!

Flouride is fine, as are amalgam fillings. It IS a money chase for paranoid hypochondriacs.
It's not a conspiracy theory. It's science: http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu8Da8DJIqU...cells.aspx

(Catholicdad hears Thomas Dolby faintly playing in the bacground)
Soon people will be calling for a ban on salt because it contains chloride. Sorry, the chloride(and flouride ion has different chemical properties from molecular cholrine gas.
Cephas Wrote:Soon people will be calling for a ban on salt because it contains chloride. Sorry, the chloride(and flouride ion has different chemical properties from molecular cholrine gas.
Edible chlorine has never been a problem though, the organochlorides that are produced by water chloridation have and so has atomic fluorine (read the Japanese study above).
Catholicmilkman Wrote:
Cephas Wrote:Soon people will be calling for a ban on salt because it contains chloride. Sorry, the chloride(and flouride ion has different chemical properties from molecular cholrine gas.
Edible chlorine has never been a problem though, the organochlorides that are produced by water chloridation have and so has atomic fluorine (read the Japanese study above).

I don't know about "edible chlorine", but that sodium stuff... Just one drop of moisture and KABOOOOOM!

Oh and water, it's pretty awful stuff. Hydrogen doesn't take well to flames, and oxygen sure helps out with combustion. Better not drink water while smoking!!

(I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, but this stuff can get quite silly)
I stopped using Fluoride when I learned from my DENTIST of all the problems with it.  A member of the ADA and past president of the HDA, he is very informed about this issue, and will not use it in his practice.  All six of my children have not had fluoride, and all six do not have a single cavity.   On the other hand, every person I know with arthritis pain, who I have talked out of using Fluoride, has had DRAMATIC improvement in pain, including no longer needing surgery that they though they needed for knees and back pain.  Fluoride, the Aging Factor is a fantastic book - and one of the best documented by University and other studies. 

Cavities are caused from the nutrition INSIDE. Please see the extensive research of Dr. Weston A. Price (westonaprice.org) a dentist and researcher who traveled all over the globe studying the diets of native populations and their counterparts who had been introduced to refined food.  He found IN EVERY CASE, that people who stayed with native diets had virtually no tooth decay or collapsed dental arches (the reason so many americans get braces) despite these populations having never seen a toothbrush.  Once any group adopted refined foods, white flour, sugar, etc - there went the teeth and health in general.  His book, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration is one of the best books on this subject and on nutrition that I have ever read and he suppotrs his findings with hundreds of photos and xrays.  If you go to his Foundation's website and follow their nutritional advice, you will see incredible iimprovements to your health, above and beyond your dental health.

Please don't dismiss this as "conspiracy" stuff until you have read the books.  I think my dentist would be amused to find he was part of "conspiracy" as opposed to good medical, evidence based practices.
spraycj Wrote:
Catholicmilkman Wrote:
I don't know about "edible chlorine", but that sodium stuff... Just one drop of moisture and KABOOOOOM!

Oh and water, it's pretty awful stuff. Hydrogen doesn't take well to flames, and oxygen sure helps out with combustion. Better not drink water while smoking!!

(I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, but this stuff can get quite silly)
You are comparing apples to oranges. Fluorine ionicly is poison, note that the fluorine atom does not exist in nature alone, it is always combined with some other atom. Why don't you ask the people who have no teeth because of dental fluorosis or the young boys who developed bone cancer which researcher proved was caused by the fluoride acids that are used to fluoridate water. These acids are known corrosives and they still put them into the water supply. Call me a nut all you want but it's all public knowledge if you want. The U.S. need to follow Europe in banning water fluoridation as poison and an impossible to regulate forced drug treatment.
Regardless, not one study has ever concluded ingesting fluoride is beneficial.  There's no reason for it to be in our water.