Favorite Cigars?
Quote:...It's hard to pick a bad Davidoff.

It's also hard to afford a Davidoff. I'd recommend a Macanudo instead, if one prefers mild cigars.
mkntrds Wrote:It's also hard to afford a Davidoff.

Yes, that is true.  I probably should have mentioned that I smoke 3 or 4 cigars each year, so I don't worry about spending the extra money for an outstanding cigar.  I smoke my pipes a little more often, maybe one a week.  I used to smoke about 25 cigarettes a day, but I'm now just 9 days shy of a full year without one.
Favorite Cigars,.........man that's a tough one!

I live in the United States so I smoke Cohiba's and Partagas most of the time. Length or ring-guage depends on when or where I'm smoking, or more to the point, how much time I have.

The best Cigar I ever had, (and it definately deserves that capitol "C'), was a Romeo Y Julieta Churchill from Havana. Absolutely intoxicating!

As far as Cuban cigars vs. Dominican, I'd have to say that on a scale of one to ten, the Dominicans are now making cigars that range from 1 thru 10, and the Cubans are putting out cigars somewhere in the range of 1 thru 15 !

Happy smoking, boys!

opusdei Wrote:I've tried many in my short time smoking cigars, from the cheap and terrible swisher sweets to some of the more high end cigars.  Although in all of my cigars, I have to say that my favorite remain the vanilla flavored Cojimar.  A sweet smoke with a sugar tip.  The only thing I've found that rivals it is the Punch Cigar brand.  What are some of your favorites?  btw, has anyone ever tried a Cohiba?  I've wanted to try them but I can't bring myself to pay 11 bucks for a ten minute smoke.

Of late, price is always an issue, so the "Backwoods Smoke," Philly, or Swisher is often the rule.

However, a good price and a good smoke can be found, I think, in H. Upmann's Churchill Rejects--smokes over an hour.
Quote:a good smoke can be found, I think, in H. Upmann's Churchill

Definitely! They are cheap hidden treasures.

Quote:I probably should have mentioned that I smoke 3 or 4 cigars each year, so I don't worry about spending the extra money for an outstanding cigar.

I similarly space out cigars with my pipe so I can buy my favorite cigars.

Quote:As far as Cuban cigars vs. Dominican, I'd have to say that on a scale of one to ten, the Dominicans are now making cigars that range from 1 thru 10, and the Cubans are putting out cigars somewhere in the range of 1 thru 15 !

Have you tried any DR cigars with a Camaroon wrapper? I would put those DRs above the Cubans. That being said, some cigars with the Camaroon wrapper are horrible - like the Dom Thomas.
I do enjoy Dominicans wrapped in Camaroon!  As I indicated there are a lot of DR cigars I like,....Augusto Reyes and Flor De Ynclans are two great cigars.

But the few Cubans that I've recieved from friends, (not fakes), were the best cigars I've ever smoked. Bar none.
I've not found anything even close to a nice fresh Monte Cristo #2, or a Romio Y Julieta. [Image: tiphat2.gif]
Oooh a Cuban Montecristo... I'm jealous
Oops!
I posted my favorite cigar under the cigarette thread by mistake.

Padron Anniversario

Ooh, I wish I had one now . . .
Joya de Nicauragua.  It is a dark cigar and packs a bit of a punch, but is not overwhelming.  By the way, if you can find a copy, you should read Sir Compton Mackenzie's book "Sublime Tobacco."  The first chapter has some of the funniest stories I have ever read.
Padron "Delicias" natural wrapper, and Perdomo lot 23, maduro.  Two best cigars in the world.