Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD?
CrucifixusEst Wrote:As I remember, she does talk about the ceremonies of the Church changing (and not for the better, to say the least) and of invalid Masses where the people would be eating "only bread."

God bless.
Who can doubt this now?

God through Bl. Mary give us Thy Divine Love wherewith to love Thee!
DarkKnight Wrote:
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:I would dearly love to see Benedict XVI, together with all the world's bishops, consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. But by now, the personal cost looks to be very, very great. :(

There's my .02, for what it's worth.

Well, it might well be what provoked the martyrdom of the Pope. Sorry, I can't see how the attepmpt on JPII fits the Fatima sketch, except that he was wearing white.

I do not think the attempt on JPII fits with Fatima, either. I think the assassination attempt was a warning, not a fulfillment of prophecy.
S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:I do not think the attempt on JPII fits with Fatima, either. I think the assassination attempt was a warning, not a fulfillment of prophecy.
Didn't he himself say that our Lady of Fatima saved him that day?
DrBombay Wrote:If Russia wasn't consecrated when the world was consecrated, then, logically, no nation was consecrated when the world was consecrated. So...

What exactly was consecrated when the world was consecrated?

A simple answer without personal insults and questioning of my Traditionalist bonafides would be appreciated. [Image: tiphat2.gif]

Well, I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, so if I repeat something that someone else has already said, don't shoot me. I just want to reply before I have to leave for the day.

By way of example: Have you ever had your home blessed or enthroned? I have, and my family is consecrated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The priest came, blessed the house, all of us in it, enthroned images of The Sacred and Immaculate Hearts, and we all prayed together the prayers and act of consecration specific to my family. There is no other way to accomplish it. Father could not have done this by consecrating the inhabitants of my county or state- it had to be just us.

Similarly, if I have a new rosary hanging in my car and need to have it blessed, I would be pretty shocked if Father just blessed the whole car instead of the rosary then told me that the rosary and everything in the car got blessed without being mentioned. Blessings and consecrations are always specific- at least they were pre-JPII.

I think that the consecration of the world to the Immaculate Heart was a good thing, but did not fulfill Our Lady's specific request.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
PrayforMallory Wrote:Wasn't Pope John Paul II almost assassinated? Also, When he consecrated the world, didn't the Soviet Union fall afterwards? While they might not have converted to the true faith, they certainly converted back to before communism.

I'm not very knowledgable about this though.

He was almost assassinated and he credited Our Lady of Fatima with saving his life. I do not doubt this, she is a good and loving mother. He consecrated the world to her, and in return we saw the break up of the Soviet Union, but it is still a communist country and has not been converted. We have not seen the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

The abolition of the holy sacrifice for 3 and half years was prophesied by Daniel for the end times, that is called "the abomination of desolation".
In my opinion it clearly refers to a strict interdiction of the holy sacrifice of the mass.
Daniel 9:27 "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 11:31 "Forces from him will arise, desecrate the sanctuary fortress, and do away with the regular sacrifice. And they will set up the abomination of desolation.
Daniel 12:11 "From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.
See also Mark 13:14 and Matthew 24:15
IacobusIsTrodden Wrote:Does anyone know of any other approved visions or apparitions in which it was said that the faith and the Church and the sacraments would be unavailable, and that the people of the faith would be given to Satan for that time?

In my previous post, I didn't mean to sound as though I want anyone who knows better to doubt the story of this woman. I don't know enough to speak with any authority. The prophecy is so frightening, I just have to be cautious because neither I, nor anyone else, wants despair.

You could try a book on prophecy.

littleway Wrote:This thread is the kind of thing that damages the "traditional movement". It sounds like the rants of seventh-day-adventists, Our-Lady-of-the-sacred-cow etc. It sounds a bit like some people are trying to add something to Revelation sometimes, which is a heresy, isn't it? No private revelations add anything new. At best they can help our devotion. At worst they can be a scandal to the Church and lead people away from Christ. Stick to what's best. Wait for the Church to decide about this kind of thing, rather than choosing a side that may be dangerously wrong. At least don't try to sell something that could cause fragile, scrupulous minds to go off the edge.

These are approved apparitions and there is no need to insult Our Lady or her apparitions. Our Lady of the sacred cow indeed. Sheesh.

maso Wrote:The abolition of the holy sacrifice for 3 and half years was prophesied by Daniel for the end times, that is called "the abomination of desolation".
In my opinion it clearly refers to a strict interdiction of the holy sacrifice of the mass.
Daniel 9:27 "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 11:31 "Forces from him will arise, desecrate the sanctuary fortress, and do away with the regular sacrifice. And they will set up the abomination of desolation.
Daniel 12:11 "From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.
See also Mark 13:14 and Matthew 24:15
I would think this would be, if applying to the New Testament, during the time of the son of perdition, we have not even had the mystical Resurrection of the Church yet. As well this has done on for almost forty years much more than 3 and a half. Does anyone know if the main Jewish sacrifice in Jerusalem was disrupted for 3 and a half years?

He was almost assassinated and he credited Our Lady of Fatima with saving his life. I do not doubt this, she is a good and loving mother. He consecrated the world to her, and in return we saw the break up of the Soviet Union, but it is still a communist country and has not been converted. We have not seen the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, the consecration of the world by JPII left the job half done: The power of the Russia was broken (for a time only) but this country wasn't converted in the true sense (conversion to Catholic faith).
Sorry to see the lack of courage our beloved Pope showed in this occasion: Of course, he had only to replace one word "World" by "Russia" and the consecration was performed as requested by our Lady.
I wonder which kind of threats were used to prevent him doing so.