Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD?
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:Ah, mockery. JPII's consecration fraudulent? How so? It wasn't what Our Lady asked for, but I am sure it was still a sincere consecration of the world.

Surely not mockery, just a little good natured ribbing.

AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:You do raise an interesting point though. Let's look at all the benefits that have been wrought since the consecration of the world. Europe's population is exploding- with muslims. Communist China is growing into an economic giant thanks to offshore outsourcing- so communists are reaping huge benefits from the consecration! So are the Hindus- look at Bangalore. Meanwhile, Europeans are aborting themselves into negative population growth. And let's not forget that Our Lady promised that once the consecration was done, there would be a period of peace in the world. Um, we haven't even had a 5 second period of peace in the world, for pity's sake. Yet you mock.

ATC, Jesus Christ -- GOD INCARNATE -- lived, suffered, shed His precious Blood, died, and rose again from the dead and we still had wars, muslims, inflation, bell bottoms, and boy bands! Hate to break it to you, but some vague consecration of a slavic nation to Mary's heart isn't going to usher in an era of peace.

Even if the pope did consecrate Russia (specifically) you know as well as I do that the teenage boys (who act like old women) with their leather bound copies of Ott and Denziger on their bedside tables will parse the living hades out of it and, ultimately reject it.
  • The pope spoke German, rather than Latin. Invalid
  • The pope spoke Latin but he intoned a pedestrian rather than classical inflection. Invalid.
  • The pope sneezed 30 seconds after the consecration. Invalid.
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:I think it is shameful that you make fun of Catholics who are looking at the situation with their eyes open, thus honoring the Mother of God and her message for our time.

I'm not making fun of Catholics, I'm making fun of people who have become so hyper-obsessed with a private revelation than they've become cultists.

AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:No Speedos!

Please God, no! I'm with you there!
DrBombay Wrote:May I be the first to call you a troll?   Welcome to the club.  [Image: tiphat2.gif]

When can I expect my decoder ring?
BrendanD Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:May I be the first to call you a troll?   Welcome to the club.  [Image: tiphat2.gif]

First, you must pass your Ordinary WiZZarding Level exams (hint, watch Tooter the Turtle for the answer, and remember, alliteration is the key!).
To address the OP:

Well, Unity Publishing http://www.unitypublishing.com/Apparitio...tions.html seems to like it, and this guy has always made sense to me.

So, to me, for what it's worth, that means it's worthy of study.

It would seem there would be a greater work on this subject.

Intriguing.  The sedes must be eating this one up--I'll check with them.

Added on edit:  In the original posted description, it says she became a stigmatist at 23 (1873), until her death, 60 years later (which, according to my math, makes her 83 (or so).  According to the biography, she died in 1941, which would make her 90 or 91.

This is not a reliable account--there is discrepancy.  Call Antonio Socci stat!

Catholicdad Wrote:
BrendanD Wrote:

First, you must pass your Ordinary WiZZarding Level exams (hint, watch Tooter the Turtle for the answer, and remember, alliteration is the key!).

You darned Papists and your legalism... Look, I'm either in the club or I'm not. If I don't get my ring by Friday I want my stinkin' dues back.
Further research suggests that this has been dealt with in the past, and is either fraudulent, or at the very least, highly suspect.

http://ecclesia-militans.blogspot.com/20...henny.html
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:
DarkKnight Wrote:
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:I would dearly love to see Benedict XVI, together with all the world's bishops, consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. But by now, the personal cost looks to be very, very great. :(

There's my .02, for what it's worth.

Well, it might well be what provoked the martyrdom of the Pope. Sorry, I can't see how the attempt on JPII fits the Fatima sketch, except that he was wearing white.

I do not think the attempt on JPII fits with Fatima, either. I think the assassination attempt was a warning, not a fulfillment of prophecy.

Exactly, I have heard B16 may be the bishop in white, its speculation
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:
IacobusIsTrodden Wrote:Does anyone know of any other approved visions or apparitions in which it was said that the faith and the Church and the sacraments would be unavailable, and that the people of the faith would be given to Satan for that time?

In my previous post, I didn't mean to sound as though I want anyone who knows better to doubt the story of this woman. I don't know enough to speak with any authority. The prophecy is so frightening, I just have to be cautious because neither I, nor anyone else, wants despair.

You could try a book on prophecy.

That book is excellent and highly recommended. Its been around for a while, and its still highly recommended.
Boy! I was thrilled to come back to 5 pages on my original subject - I grabbed my cup of coffee, sat down to start reading - but oh no! HIJACK![Image: sneaky.gif]
Put it back on track, then. I knew it would get hi-jacked once a comparrison to Fatima was mentioned; happens every time. But I first heard of the lady thru our prayer group, and a lot has been written about her in the monthly "Fatima Findings" published by the Reparation Society of Baltimore Md, is that where you came across her? Do you know of any books written about her?