Fish Eaters (literally)
I suggest being 'more in tune with nature' and start drinking the sugar-filled regular Coke.
(Half-serious statement)

Potato tacos baby!!
BrotherDave Wrote:Wow.  I was trying to encourage folks that Friday doesn't have to be a bad thing, but the first two responses to my thread make me feel bad that I couldn't share with them.
Anyway, I thought it would be fun for folks to have a thread for Friday meal ideas.  Catholics eating well on Fridays is a big deal here in Louisiana.

Don't feel bad.  I usually eat better than a plain cheese sandwich.  I just forgot to have anything ready and didn't have time this morning. 

51olds Wrote:Potato tacos baby!!

Mmmm.  What's the recipe for that?

I think I could eat almost anything if it was wrapped in a tortilla and had enchilada sauce on it.  And a glass of sangria to go with. [Image: gimmefood.gif][Image: wine.gif]
I am frying feeeesh in a cast iron skillet. [Image: gimmefood.gif]
S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
Thank you for the zucch pizza recipe!  I saw a similar Amish recipe which got thrown out with the newspaper, and I was going to"'wing it", but now I won't have to!

gjwalberg Wrote:Don't get me wrong, the concept that "meatless Friday is penance" is kind of hard to accept. 
 Depends. If the menu is shrimp stir fry or lobster tails, not much of a penance. KD with tuna and peas is another matter!
We had Groton beer-battered frozen fish filets and Ore-Ida french fries. To me, that is penance, all that greasy cheap stuff instead of something healthy and satisfying.

Quote:We had Groton beer-battered frozen fish filets and Ore-Ida french fries. To me, that is penance, all that greasy cheap stuff instead of something healthy and satisfying.

Mercy sakes, darlin', we are supposed to fast from fleshmeats on Friday, not grease our innards to death...[Image: skullbones.gif]  hah!

~~~~~~~~~
At the NewCatholic household it was pasta with garden tomatoes, green peppers, marinara, melted parmesan & provolone, a tomato/greens salad and peach crisp for dessert. Mmmmmm do we love peaches......
[Image: gimmefood.gif]

NC

Kateri Wrote:
51olds Wrote:Potato tacos baby!!

Mmmm.Ê What's the recipe for that?

I think I could eat almost anything if it was wrapped in a tortilla and had enchilada sauce on it.Ê And a glass of sangria to go with. [Image: gimmefood.gif][Image: wine.gif]

Last nights dinner:

thin layer of enchilada sauce in bottom of 9x13 pan
layer of corn tortillas
layer of refried beans, carmelized onions, cheddar cheese and a little more enchilada sauce
another layer of corn tortillas
a couple cups of spanish rice and a can of dried black beans, more cheese, more enchilada sauce
last layer of corn tortillas, about 1/2-2/3 of a can of enchilada sauce and some more cheese. (the whole recipe should use 2 cans)
Bake until hot and bubbly.
Garnish with your choice of lettuce, olives, guacamole, sour cream....