Fish Eaters (literally)
BrotherDave, that sounded awesome! (Minus the oysters...but that's just my personal quirk :laughing: ) Fridays can be fun to experiment with! A few Fridays ago, I took a Black Olive and Caper Marinara and added chopped spinach, extra black olives, and mushrooms then served it over garden Farfalle with a generous sprinkling of mozzarella cheese to top it off. On the side, we made big garden salads. It was so full of veggie-goodness that we didn't even miss the meat.

BTW, I have Splenda Diet Coke in my fridge right now and it's the bomb. Diet Rite Cherry Cola is also the bizzizomb and also contains Splenda. ;)
Mommie2Boys Wrote:BrotherDave, that sounded awesome! (Minus the oysters...but that's just my personal quirk :laughing: ) Fridays can be fun to experiment with! A few Fridays ago, I took a Black Olive and Caper Marinara and added chopped spinach, extra black olives, and mushrooms then served it over garden Farfalle with a generous sprinkling of mozzarella cheese to top it off. On the side, we made big garden salads. It was so full of veggie-goodness that we didn't even miss the meat.

BTW, I have Splenda Diet Coke in my fridge right now and it's the bomb. Diet Rite Cherry Cola is also the bizzizomb and also contains Splenda. ;)

DR Cherry IS the bomb.  I can't ever find it around here.  [Image: hoppingmad.gif]

I do a thing with the raw oysters using Olive Tepanade as a relish on them, with a dash of Cajun Chef hot sauce.  I also use the Olive mixture typically used in Muffelata sandwiches as a side salad, and could even see it as an entree salad, nested in a bed of Spinach or Romaine.

It's nearing lunchtime here.  Now I'm ready to go forage!

BD
BrotherDave Wrote:I do a thing with the raw oysters using Olive Tepanade as a relish on them, with a dash of Cajun Chef hot sauce.  I also use the Olive mixture typically used in Muffelata sandwiches as a side salad, and could even see it as an entree salad, nested in a bed of Spinach or Romaine.

BD

Ah Muffalettas and PoBoys... I miss New Orleans!! :(
Mommie2Boys Wrote:
BrotherDave Wrote:I do a thing with the raw oysters using Olive Tepanade as a relish on them, with a dash of Cajun Chef hot sauce.  I also use the Olive mixture typically used in Muffelata sandwiches as a side salad, and could even see it as an entree salad, nested in a bed of Spinach or Romaine.

BD

Ah Muffalettas and PoBoys... I miss New Orleans!! :(

It does all come right back to the subject of (dare I say it) . . . SAMMICHES!!!!

[Image: popcorn_chair.gif][Image: grainofsalt.gif]  (I stay safe 'cuz it's Archie's fault!)
WOAH!  Where'd that emoticon come from?!!

THAT'S AWESOME!
gjwalberg Wrote:WOAH!  Where'd that emoticon come from?!!

THAT'S AWESOME!

It got added late last week, I don't recall who did it.  But it's exactly right for the way I feel on FE a lot of the time.  I enjoy the show, but am often afraid to enter the fray; yet I still want others to know I'm here and following along -- I lurked too long without anyone knowing I was here.

BD
Kateri Wrote:A slice of cheese on wheat bread. 

Bleah!

That's what I get for being in a hurry this morning and forgetting to make some tuna salad or something last night.

Hey, bread and cheese is all good. I like it. Indeed, last school year it was my usual lunch, especially on Fridays. I dunno why, but I just fell in love with a slice or two of cheese on a slice or two of toast...
AgnusDei1989 Wrote:
Kateri Wrote:A slice of cheese on wheat bread. 

Bleah!

That's what I get for being in a hurry this morning and forgetting to make some tuna salad or something last night.
Hey, bread and cheese is all good. I like it. Indeed, last school year it was my usual lunch, especially on Fridays. I dunno why, but I just fell in love with a slice or two of cheese on a slice or two of toast...

Heck, in college I survived on Ragu sandwiches (they did not qualify as sammiches).  You take 2 pieces of cheap white bread and smear spaghetti sauce betwixt them.  Then lean over the kitchen sink to eat it.  Wash it down with 1.5 gallons of beer.  Repeat.
gjwalberg Wrote:  
Heck, in college I survived on Ragu sandwiches (they did not qualify as sammiches).  You take 2 pieces of cheap white bread and smear spaghetti sauce betwixt them.  Then lean over the kitchen sink to eat it.  Wash it down with 1.5 gallons of beer.  Repeat.

[Image: laff.gif] That is just revolting!!!
Richeldis Wrote:
gjwalberg Wrote:  

[Image: laff.gif] That is just revolting!!!

Pfft.  Shows what you know.  [Image: beer.gif][Image: gimmefood.gif]