Traditional Catholic Wedding Dresses
Traditio Wrote:
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:You wore a tux?!!  Can you post a picture?  Pleeeeeease?

Please, don't. I beg you!

Why?
A woman....in a tuxedo. Please, spare us.
Traditio Wrote:A woman....in a tuxedo. Please, spare us.

Just for that I think I will have to go dust off my scanner.  I even have really really short hair in the picture, too!  You'll probably just love that.
SouthernCatholic Wrote:

Just for that I think I will have to go dust off my scanner.  I even have really really short hair in the picture, too!  You'll probably just love that.

Ah, so you're spiteful too. Just fantastic.
Traditio Wrote:
SouthernCatholic Wrote:

Ah, so you're spiteful too. Just fantastic.

No.  I'm not spiteful.  I just don't really care about your opinions. 

Erin asked me to post a photo and I was already planning on doing so.  That you decided to jump in with your derision is beyond my control.  Now go bother someone else.  You're beginning to bore me.
I love women in tuxes [Image: laff.gif].  They look especially good on tall women, I think.
My mom actually wanted to wear one to my sister's wedding, but my sister didn't like that idea!

ErinIsNotNice Wrote:I love women in tuxes [Image: laff.gif].  They look especially good on tall women, I think.
My mom actually wanted to wear one to my sister's wedding, but my sister didn't like that idea!

Sadly - I'm not tall.  I'm just average.  5'6"  Which is good since hubby is only 5'9".  LOL

And yes - for those who wish to know ... I wore pants to my wedding.  No tuxedo skirt for me.  Pants all the way.  It is what I wear 90% of the time.  But hey, it's an improvement.  My original idea was jeans and cowboy boots.

Edited to add:

My first marriage (since declared null) was a more "lavish" affair.  My parents spent $5,000.00 on the wedding (we only had 70 people in attendance).  I wore the white dress, the veil, the whole 9 yards.  I had a miserable time.  The whole reception was a complete disaster.  By the end of the night I was sitting on the floor of the ladies' room crying and my veil was in the toilet.  My "husband" started talking about getting divorced while we were on our honeymoon.

I spent too much time focusing on one day and not enough on the years following that one day.  I did not make the same mistake the second time.
SouthernCatholic Wrote:But hey, it's an improvement.  My original idea was jeans and cowboy boots.

:lol: One of my aunts and her then fiance actually wore full western wear (cowboy hats, jeans, boots, etc) and were married on horseback at their ranch.
Mommie2Boys Wrote:
SouthernCatholic Wrote:But hey, it's an improvement.  My original idea was jeans and cowboy boots.

:lol: One of my aunts and her then fiance actually wore full western wear (cowboy hats, jeans, boots, etc) and were married on horseback at their ranch.

That is sooooo cool! Only, I´d have to learn how to ride a horse (and find a suitable groom), first... sigh.
My wedding gown was much more "princessy" than I would have ever wanted, but I didn't have a lot of choices in my size off the rack.  It was really beautiful, but just didn't suit me.  Beaded neckline, beaded waist, beaded hem, huge train---  it was ridiculous [Image: laff.gif]