Traditional Catholic Wedding Dresses
Mommie2Boys Wrote:
SouthernCatholic Wrote:But hey, it's an improvement.  My original idea was jeans and cowboy boots.

:lol: One of my aunts and her then fiance actually wore full western wear (cowboy hats, jeans, boots, etc) and were married on horseback at their ranch.

I think that sounds pretty cool.  But my "oh-so-very-New-York" husband would never go for it.  LOL
I'm all for cheap weddings so the matching tuxedo idea is intriguing to me. So I tried to see if i could google a picture of a woman in a tuxedo and alas, she looked like a bartender. :laughing: SouthernCatholic, I want to see.

Erin, post a picture too...I want to see what you look like a in a princess dress.

I bought my dress custom made from child laborers in Hong Kong. Ebay special $199.
It was an asymmetrical strapped lacey number. I'm hoping it doesn't "age" well and my grandkids will laugh at me.
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:My wedding gown was much more "princessy" than I would have ever wanted, but I didn't have a lot of choices in my size off the rack.  It was really beautiful, but just didn't suit me.  Beaded neckline, beaded waist, beaded hem, huge train---  it was ridiculous [Image: laff.gif]

Please post a picture!

My dress looked like the ones Eowyn wears in "Two Towers" only in ivory silk, perfectly plain.
okay I don't have a scanner so I had to take a picture of a picture and the color is all messed up [Image: laff.gif]

[Image: n670438141_1303721_84.jpg]

ErinIsNotNice Wrote:okay I don't have a scanner so I had to take a picture of a picture and the color is all messed up [Image: laff.gif]

Princess!
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:okay I don't have a scanner so I had to take a picture of a picture and the color is all messed up [Image: laff.gif]

[Image: n670438141_1303721_84.jpg]

Awwww. That's not bad. I was picturing a Sprinkles Cupcake or something. That may not have been your cup of tea but its classic. You can't go wrong with classic.

Archbishop_10K Wrote:

Princess!

What I like about that picture is

a) they're both glowing
b) you can't really tell what year it was taken, it's kind of timeless and classic looking
Archbishop_10K Wrote:

Princess!

Don´t let the "masculinist" crew hear that, or there´ll never be an end to it.

LOVELY dress, Erin! I completely concur with Paloma!
I just hate being dressed up.  I feel silly [Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif]
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:I just hate being dressed up.  I feel silly [Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif]

But you don´t LOOK silly at all! You look radiant and beautiful!