Traditional Catholic Wedding Dresses
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:
cgraye Wrote:Erin looks completely different in every picture of herself she''s ever posted [Image: eek.gif]

Well since my wedding was seven years ago, it's not exactly surprising that I look different [Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif]

I was married six years and three kids ago and the difference is bizarre. And VERY depressing. :(
If Catholic777 looks like Ken, then you, Erin, look like Barbie all dolled up like that.

Jokes aside, you and your husband are the cutest.

Archbishop_10K Wrote:
gjwalberg Wrote:BTW: you don't usually get an invite to a funeral-- at least not with embossed invitations and all that.  You just have to hear about them.

I don't see why not. I'll start designing my funeral invitations early, then. Why not have a funeral be just as fun as a wedding? A reception, karaoke box, Wii (or whatever Nintendo has out at the time), smoke machines.... it'd be the best funeral EVAR.

I think we need a thread.  I'm kind of excited about having a traditional funeral.
I'm anxiously awaiting the picture of SouthernCatholic's tuxedo attire!

I wore a tux to my prom because I felt absolutely ridiculous in the prom dress styles of the time.  I've always been a pretty big girl and I couldn't find anything that didn't make me look like a stuffed sausage with my boobs falling out. I remember my mom taking me from store to store and at one point I became so upset at trying on dress after dress that looked awful I started to cry. 

The tux outfit I put together looked very feminine.  I bought a very frilly tux shirt at a retail shop, a silky black jacket with long tails that I found in a woman's retail shop at the mall, and velvet black pants.  I put my hair up all curls falling down, wore a bunch of pearls and had a cute little black purse with a gold chain.  I was very feminine looking and at the same time felt so much more covered than I would have been in one of those fitted prom dresses.

Maybe I should remind my Mom how I dressed at prom and she'll be glad that I'm at least wearing a dress to my wedding and she'll stop pushing this white gown thing.

Hey, I like your idea, pants and all; I have to agree it must have been much more graceful, feminine and modest than many of the revealing, weird-shaped prom dresses!
Mommie2Boys Wrote:
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:
cgraye Wrote:Erin looks completely different in every picture of herself she''s ever posted [Image: eek.gif]

Well since my wedding was seven years ago, it's not exactly surprising that I look different [Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif]

I was married six years and three kids ago and the difference is bizarre. And VERY depressing. :(

Oh, poor you... Mom must have been lucky. Last year we showed a current photo of her to a friend who hadn't seen her since her wedding twenty-one years and eleven kids ago, and she asked Dad "What do you give your wife? She hasn't changed a bit!"... heehee... actually, it's true, she looks the same at forty-six as at twenty-four!
Satori, and Paloma,

Thank you so much for the wedding finance advice! How helpful, and creative! How nice to hear it from those who have been there! I am not opposed to the costume shop idea, either. I actually have a pattern from Fabricville that I just love for a Victorian wedding dress. It's Simplicity 4244. It is fabulous. When I start school again, perhaps I will scan it, to share.

And everybody's wedding pictures look lovely. Thanks to all for sharing. I hope all of our married ladies follow suit!

Pax
SH
shirhamalot Wrote:Satori, and Paloma,

Thank you so much for the wedding finance advice! How helpful, and creative! How nice to hear it from those who have been there! I am not opposed to the costume shop idea, either. I actually have a pattern from Fabricville that I just love for a Victorian wedding dress. It's Simplicity 4244. It is fabulous. When I start school again, perhaps I will scan it, to share.

And everybody's wedding pictures look lovely. Thanks to all for sharing. I hope all of our married ladies follow suit!

Pax
SH
[Image: e9cc_1.jpg]

OH!OH!OH!!!!
I have that pattern!!!

I was going to make my wedding dress out of it but I have since changed my mind. It is a very lovely dress pattern but it is a bit complicated (especially with the changes I was going to make) and I just don't have the time or want to expend the energy. Besides, I decided I wanted to get married in velvet instead of satin and that pattern does not lend itself well to velvet.

[img]file:///Users/katyater/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]
Huh - probably not, though it is a lovely dress (if you have the figure for it!) I don't; I'd probably look better in something princess-seamed, e.g.  Butterick B5154 (the B view, with the sleeves, of course...)

[Image: B5154.gif]

The drawing on the pattern cover looks pretty ungraceful but when you run down to the line drawings (which is what I pasted here) it looks very nice. I'm thinking of making one sometime...
AgnusDei1989 Wrote:Huh - probably not, though it is a lovely dress (if you have the figure for it!) I don't; I'd probably look better in something princess-seamed, e.g.  Butterick B5154 (the B view, with the sleeves, of course...)

[Image: B5154.gif]

The drawing on the pattern cover looks pretty ungraceful but when you run down to the line drawings (which is what I pasted here) it looks very nice. I'm thinking of making one sometime...

It is a very nice basic dress that can be easily modified if you desire to do so. It lends itself well to different materials and lengths.