Single Guys: The Bible of Dating!
The "System" I've been describing at length on this forum, that has worked for many Catholic men and is the work of Tom Hodges. I've been reluctant to post a link to his free column on here since it links to a dating site and I didn't want to violate the forum rules.

However, I did find a Wikipedia article on him that describes what I've been talking about and it provides links to his free column for those who are interested. For single guys in the dating game it is the absolute best time you could ever invest. I'd also spend the $ and buy "The System". It is a must read for all of you good Catholic guys who are sick of getting dumped, walked on, and used in the dating game and want to find and keep that speical girl.

I'm not getting a cent from Hodges for writing this. I'm writing it because I believe in it and I've seen it result in three happy marriages for Catholic guys I know. All of the advice is geared toward lasting relationships and is not advice for "pick up artists" or their ilk. It is totally compatible with the faith.

Good luck and God Bless!

Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Love
I'm inclined to think that a guy who needs to spend money on a "system" to find a girlfriend is pathetic.  Sorry [Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif]

Edited to add:  Also, as Christians we are all required to be "giving", not just women.
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:I'm inclined to think that a guy who needs to spend money on a "system" to find a girlfriend is pathetic. Sorry [Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif]

Edited to add: Also, as Christians we are all required to be "giving", not just women.

Better to spend the money on a dating site or a mail-order bride.
I imagine mail order brides are very, very expensive though..
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:I imagine mail order brides are very, very expensive though..

What kind of bride isn't?

[Image: popcorn_chair.gif]
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:I'm inclined to think that a guy who needs to spend money on a "system" to find a girlfriend is pathetic.  Sorry [Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif]

I dunno -- these days, we could all use a little help.
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:I'm inclined to think that a guy who needs to spend money on a "system" to find a girlfriend is pathetic.  Sorry [Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif]

Edited to add:  Also, as Christians we are all required to be "giving", not just women.

As I've said before, never listen to women for dating advice, unless you want to be perpetually single.

As we all know, what's truly "pathetic" is a guy who denies reality, refuses all help and advice, and continues to repeat the same behaviors that have resulted in failure. The guys who are continually dumped, perpetually friends, used, etc.

The system is not about "finding" a girlfriend. It's about gaining insight to human nature and learning how to improve yourself in order to attract a genuinely good woman who is worthy of being married to and a mother to your kids. It also weeds out all of the undesirables like feministas, perpetual daters, gold diggers, and princesses. And in our day and age, society is full of these types. 

In this Oprah-ized day and age, good sound dating advice (like good spiritual advice) is extremely rare. You don't have to spend a dime if you don't want, as you can glean the ideas from my posts and the free articles. It's the principles that matter, not the $. Some guys naturally "get it", most guys do not.

As for giving, of course we are all called to be generous. But this is a key trait for men to look for in women who could one day be their wife and mother to their children. It takes an extremely giving nature to be a mother to a large family. Often the trait is overlooked, as in the case of goegeous "daddy's girls" who want everything done for them. This trait is essential to a lasting marriage and parenthood.
Satori Wrote:I dunno -- these days, we could all use a little help.

In the past it was not so much necessary, as men were men and this sort of thing came naturally or was learned from dad or strong male role models.

In our day and age men are completely lost. Their role models are pathetic sit-com buffoon dads, and over-eager clumsy emotional nice-guys who always get the girl in movies. We've lost our compass entirely.

Hodges re-discovers the masculine strength qualities lost in the age of the feminists and gender police. I think it's a great service to men, dating, and marriages in society. It doesn't just help men, it helps form happy relationships and marriages and conforms well to Traditional Catholic marriage.
StevusMagnus Wrote:As for giving, of course we are all called to be generous. But this is a key trait for men to look for in women who could one day be their wife and mother to their children. It takes an extremely giving nature to be a mother to a large family. Often the trait is overlooked, as in the case of gorgeous "daddy's girls" who want everything done for them. This trait is essential to a lasting marriage and parenthood.

A selfish man is just as damaging to marriage and parenthood as a selfish woman.  There has to be "an extremely giving nature" on both sides.
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:
StevusMagnus Wrote:As for giving, of course we are all called to be generous. But this is a key trait for men to look for in women who could one day be their wife and mother to their children. It takes an extremely giving nature to be a mother to a large family. Often the trait is overlooked, as in the case of gorgeous "daddy's girls" who want everything done for them. This trait is essential to a lasting marriage and parenthood.

A selfish man is just as damaging to marriage and parenthood as a selfish woman.  There has to be "an extremely giving nature" on both sides.

Amen!